Thread: recently returned to sieving and need some help

recently returned to sieving and need some help

Failed to open input file `sr2data.txt'

just came back to sieving and trying to run sr2 sieve. im trying to use the -j and -s switches. -j to use nextrange.txt and -s to use sob.dat.

i probably could use the old jjsieve but would like to use the new client.

I use the following flags:

-j -s --sobistrator

Then you have to make sure that you create the SoBStatus.dat file with the lines

pmin=<your_range_start>
    pmax=<your_range_end>

Hope that helps

so is 'sr2sieve-x86-windows -j -s --sobistrator'.exe the correct syntax. that is what im using under properties.

SoBStatus.dat is
    pmin=70050300000000000
    pmax=70050800000000000

and nextrange.txt is the same

Quote Originally Posted by maniacken View Post
    'sr2sieve-x86-windows.exe -j -s --sobistrator'
    Should be right

ill try running it from the command line instead of double clicking on the icon.

so is 'sr2sieve-x86-windows -j -s --sobistrator'.exe the correct syntax. that is what im using under properties.

SoBStatus.dat is
    pmin=70050300000000000
    pmax=70050800000000000

and nextrange.txt is the same
    ill try running it from the command line instead of double clicking on the icon.

It looks to me as if you have the .exe in the wrong place. Try
    'sr2sieve-x86-windows.exe -j -s --sobistrator' instead.
    Joe O

figured it out. i needed to create a shortcut first. and then modify the target. seems i was only changing the file name of sr2sieve.

One of the makers of JJSieve told me his was more efficient than sr2sieve when it was made. "When it was made" might be the key term, I don't know. But I'd advise people to experiment before automatically assuming the "new" client is better. ESPECIALLY if you have an AMD computer. I'm about to run an experiment on my Core2Quad to see what I get.

Oh, btw, I know people have been irked with me in the past because of forgotten reservations. I'd still like to participate in the project, but I'm very disorganized and forgetful because of my mental disorder. So instead of the 3 month rule you use for most people, if I don't give an update by the 10th of the calendar month AFTER the month I make the reservation, assume it's been abandoned. If you want to contact me, the reservation email used is the best way, I don't check it often, but I only get about 1-3 messages a day of spam and ham, so I'll see it within about a week or two of the message being sent. (I mostly check it on Tuesdays because of my personal life)

because of the weird way my brain works, I should remember writing this when I make my next reservation, so don't worry about verifying this rule later on.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

where do i go to get a psp username?

where do i go to get a psp username?
    here:
    http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthr...909#post172909
    You should be added to the sieve list soon. Another way would have been to use LLRnet to do an LLR test or two. That would have added your name.
    Joe O