Thread: Anyone still doing CPDN?

Anyone still doing CPDN?

Is anyone here still doing CPDN?
    There haven't been any posts here in the last year, so it's maybe a long shot but the WUs are really long, so maybe theres someone.
    When I reinstalled windows a couple months ago I found a CPDN installation that I started last year and I'd like to finish it. But I may not want to keep running it on my home desktop, so I thought I might move it to my work machine, a Linux box.

So, does anyone know a ) if/how CPDN WUs can be moved between machines (I assume just moving the project directory) and b ) if there are any issues moving across platforms?
    C-x C-c

No probelm moving between machines.

& 5million for me

oh well, not many people run it anyway

edit:- wouldn't swap between linux and windows=impossable

and yes was blowing own trumpet!!
    Last edited by Helix_Von_Smelix; 05-09-2008 at 02:49 PM.

Yeah, it won't work moving from Win to Linux.
    Me also had problems moving units between Linux boxen, seems one have to erase some temp files or maybe do a restart in between.

Me downloaded a model again, 'l see how it goes....
    Last edited by cwhyl; 05-17-2008 at 11:46 AM.

blah, my coupled model crashed out after 64 days at 25/10 2069, no sign of problems earlier.
    http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cp...sultid=7895302

Well, some years ago they said it's up to 2060 that's important and what they call successfull runs

CPDN interview

Hi, is there anyone in the UK that stops by here that would be happy to be interviewed by jamesF.

"My name is James and I am a geography student at Oxford University. I am currently working on my undergraduate dissertation - in consultation with the Environmental Change Institute (ECI) at Oxford - in which I am studying public attitudes and opinions towards carbon offsetting."

He will most likely carry out the interview by phone, unless you live near Windsor Berkshire. PM me if you want and i will forward your email address to him. You don't have to be a Free-DC member.

PS. Nice chap