Thread: OS stats need updating, CPU stats next?

OS stats need updating, CPU stats next?

Just a reminder, the OS stats page probably needs to be updated:

http://seventeenorbust.com/stats/byOS.mhtml

It's missing OS X versions and Haiku now. Would also be interesting to see 64bit-OS breakdown with the new client...

Also, any chance that CPU types might be added in the future? I know mprime is specific to x86, but theoretically there are other PrimeNet-compatible clients out there for other archs right? I wouldn't be surprised if Cell/CUDA/STREAM versions show up eventually

Quote Originally Posted by umccullough View Post
    Just a reminder, the OS stats page probably needs to be updated:

http://seventeenorbust.com/stats/byOS.mhtml

It's missing OS X versions and Haiku now. Would also be interesting to see 64bit-OS breakdown with the new client...

Also, any chance that CPU types might be added in the future? I know mprime is specific to x86, but theoretically there are other PrimeNet-compatible clients out there for other archs right? I wouldn't be surprised if Cell/CUDA/STREAM versions show up eventually
    There is software for other architectures that could be used on this project, but none are can be used with the SoB server.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    There is software for other architectures that could be used on this project, but none are can be used with the SoB server.
    Why can't they be? The PrimeNet client sources are open (C/C++ code), so someone with some coding skill can potentially graft the PrimeNet sources onto an algorithm written for another arch.

Note: I'm not this person :/

Question

When will be adds MacOSX and Haiku?

I am interested as well

I would like to see the stats for Haiku and Mac OS X production as well!

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/images/smilies/clap.gif

bump

Is this going to be a possibility? I was sort of hoping there'd be some response :/

In any case, gonna be pulling my Core 2 Duo Haiku box off SoB now that I have BOINC and Seti ported - need to run some test units there for a while

- Urias

I'll see what I can do. The OS stats are kind of broken due to a major difference in how machine data is stored for the GIMPS clients versus the legacy code.

It's not impossible to update, but it's also not trivial. I share your interest in knowing the new OS stats so I expect to do this after I think about the best way in a couple days.

Cheers,
    Louie

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjL View Post
    I'll see what I can do. The OS stats are kind of broken due to a major difference in how machine data is stored for the GIMPS clients versus the legacy code.
    Ah, so I take it that even the linux/windows stats from the GIMPS client are also missing there currently? That's a bummer

It's not impossible to update, but it's also not trivial. I share your interest in knowing the new OS stats so I expect to do this after I think about the best way in a couple days.
    No huge rush, but I'm glad to hear it's at least being considered

- Urias