Thread: New Mersenne prime!

New Mersenne prime!

GIMPS has done it again with a 12,837,064 digit prime. Congratulations! Here's hoping their success trickles down to SB.

No doubt. I'm so happy for George et al at GIMPS!

Congrats guys! M47... amazing.

Cheers,
    Louie

So when they find all of the rest of their primes, they're gonna come help us find ours, right?

Quote Originally Posted by enderak View Post
    So when they find all of the rest of their primes, they're gonna come help us find ours, right?
    Absolutely! As soon as they're done checking from zero to infinity, they'll come and help us!

Quote Originally Posted by opyrt View Post
    Absolutely! As soon as they're done checking from zero to infinity, they'll come and help us!
    WOW!!!! They are almost done. Wooooot They sure can help us out a lot. Come on down.

From what I understand, the code that's supposed to alert everyone when the test first came in didn't work and it wasn't until a month later that someone noticed one of the top producers had a sucess listed in the stats.

Is there any chance that that's happened for SoB as well?

Quote Originally Posted by hyramgraff View Post
    From what I understand, the code that's supposed to alert everyone when the test first came in didn't work and it wasn't until a month later that someone noticed one of the top producers had a sucess listed in the stats.

Is there any chance that that's happened for SoB as well?
    Yeah, I saw that that happened too. Very cool thread on the GIMPS forum about it.

We use different code and I checked our code and it looks to be working. We don't really use the GIMPS server, more like the GIMPS protocol with our own, custom server.

I looked for primes in case our notification script had miraculously failed as well... no such luck. We're still at 11 down, 6 to go.

Cheers,
    Louie