Thread: Win32 0.99 client speed decrease?

Win32 0.99 client speed decrease?

I finished a full test yesterday, running along a nice ~300k/s clip, finished the text, downloaded new test, and now I can't get over 240k/s?? That's a 20% drop! Is there something about the new test that's harder to calculate so its running slower for everybody or what's the deal?
    CrazySaint

hmm i was just looking at my graphs and nothicing that i seemed a little lower on production the past few hours too.. jjjjl?

My cEMs/sec are now down by 10%

Looking at this P4 2000B, I see it dropped from 233 to 174 cm thingies
    Colin Thompson

Oh, now I see. The server is down
    Colin Thompson

Originally posted by ColinT
    Oh, now I see. The server is down
    I've been noticing the decreased production for about the last day and a half, so I don't think its the servers.
    CrazySaint

The speed has definitely dropped off. You can see it on almost every chart of people that are running a consistent group of machines.

My graphs are flatlined. Anyone else? THe block is stuck on 99.9%
    Colin Thompson

Exit and restart the client to get it running again.

Sieve it, baby!
    One of my PCs did indeed increase the speed from ~90 KcEMs/sec to ~100KcEMs/sec...

The other 2 stayed at their speed...

yeah, i think the FFT break for the internal math routines are around 2.6mill. n values below this will process a little faster than those above it. cEMs correct for it a bit, but it's not a perfect metric.

i may have to completly adjust the way cEMs are measured soon. whenever i do, it will be done to most accurately reflect work done.

v0.9.9 is certainly faster than v0.9.8 though so if your cEMs went down it is most likly due only the the increased FFT size. don't fret over it too much, 240kcEMs is still twice the speed of my atlon which used to be just about king at ~120kcEMs a week ago!

-L

I remember those days These "wet behind the ears" newcomers would not have been impressed with the speed only 2 months ago

WUSSIES!! Come and get me!
    Colin Thompson

Ok, that's cool, I just wanted to make sure that there were no issues with my client or anything. Now, if I just get my Linux client to dump that half a proth test...or at least run the .99 client.
    CrazySaint