Thread: merging [H]ard|OCP teams?

merging [H]ard|OCP teams?

I was looking at the team pages and team milestones, and I noticed that there are several [H]ard|OCP team pages under different names ([H]ard|OCP, HardOCP, [H]ardOCP) and I think that's why the team doesn't seem to show up in any of the milestone pages. Is there any way to merge or consolidate these team names?

Get everyone to use the same correct Team Name. That would be a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by IronBits View Post
    Get everyone to use the same correct Team Name. That would be a great start.
    For all new DC projects we've standardized on [H]ard|OCP. The problem is all the old ones, especially big ones like Folding@home.

It's not that big a deal. I just figured there had to be some way to do it, since for example Ars has different team names for lots of projects but they still seem to have unified Free-DC stats.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    There are two different types of stats though. BOINC projects will get a teampage if the teamnames are all the same. There's just no other way to do it, but I also have a separate teampage for all projects where you can submit the teamnames. For instance using your new one it would be ard|OCP]here

As long as you are logged in, you can click the <Update Team ID's> in the top right and add the teamnames for other projects. It's not immediate as I review all the additions but shouldn't take too long. That way you can see all of the projects, BOINC and non-BOINC on one page...

Any trouble with id's let me know, it's always just the id you would see in the url when you drill down to the teampage, for instance your Einstein id is 1254...

Bok

OK, I'll work on that. I already set up my personal stats so I think I know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    for instance your Einstein id is 1254...
    Actually, our Einstein team is 1120. This is the problem we're trying to address. (Luckily, the other team doesn't seem to be active.)

We do have a master list of projects with "official" teams here with Free-DC ids in blue, and I'm busily submitting the ones I can verify.

Blog Entries
    I've committed them all. Still a few mistakes, so review them and see what you think and I'll fix up any problems in the morning..

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...&#91;H]ard|OCP

I think I'm done for now. I noticed a couple issues with the Teamadd page. There are two "Eon" and "Seventeen or Bust" entries in the dropdown. I think that's why Eon is showing up as archived on the team page (I picked the wrong one). For SoB, I submitted team ids for both entries in the dropdown.

The "No Prime Left Behind" and "Open Rendering Environment" projects are missing from the list.

No Prime Left Behind team

Open Rendering Environment team
    Last edited by SazanEyes; 06-10-2009 at 01:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    I'll check anything that is 0 and remove the eon2 and sob2 (they are testing projects and should not show). Not sure why nplb and ore don't show, but I'll fix..

Blog Entries
    Should be all done. I fixed tsc,d2ol, d2olold, eon, psp_s, sbs and added ore, nplb and tscold.

You may need to wait up to 30 mins or so for the cache to purge to show up new ones.

I fixed the teamadd page so that ore and nplb show up now and the testing projects don't..

Bok

Thanks. Most of the projects with zeroes seem to be the ones where the team name is used instead of a number, and there are extra characters in the name. I think I cut and paste the name with HTML encoded chars, and an extra layer of encoding got added to create "%255BH%255Dard%2BOCP".

Edit: just saw your new post. I'll wait for my cache to clear and check out the page.

Blog Entries
    yup, exactly. I fixed them all

They are showing live now..

Thanks for all your help, Bok.