Thread: Hi all

Hi all

I've joined the band of WCG crunchers as it seems they are doing stirling work towards a plethora of humane projects.

Not much output as you know but every little bit helps as we are languishing in 195th place I think.

Anyone else wanna have a go at WCG?
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to be coming back and finishing my 500K at some point soon..

As soon as the PoTM is over, I'll join in.
    Been thinking about more as I keep hearing better stuff being done over there.

I just put one of my I7s on World Community Grid, updated my profile to do all projects and just gonna let it run and see what happens.
    Doesn't get any easier than this project to cover many different projects at once.

Since WCG has badges also, any chance of Bok putting them on our pages like Yoyo??

I've been trundling along here for a little while now. Once my big sieving range is finished I'll probably put some more on WCG for a bit.

I have been working WCG, especially the new influenza project which seems to be especially important now that 1 we are in an influenza pandemic, and 2 some strains are popping up with antiviral resistance.

Maybe we can push WCG as the PoTM for August?

Jeff.

If I can get my two video storage/servers to run on one I7 instead of two(this HD video and 7.1 Dolby takes some cpu/memory and space) or build another I7 without having to buy a new kitchen/bathroom/bedroom furniture I'll probably go back to WCG as Rosetta is a bit of a pain in comparison and I'm still running F@H on the graphics anyway. T'other I7 is happily running 8 cmd windows @3.8Ghz on the Free-DC Prime thingy at default volts and air till I get the water sorted but no more exciting results after the first flush. Dunno if the srvany run as a service will work on Win 7 but may try it yet as 8 cmd windows is not too tidy. I have 2 more old duals going online at one of the pubs to play with also so favourite is F@H and WCG range anyway. What's all these thingys you're fiddling wiv BOK? Always something new to figure out here, dunno where you find all the time. Mebbe have to get you another job on top of what you do, you obviously can handle it
    Like an ol` 8086, slow but serviceable.
    One advantage of old age...nobody can tell you how much cake you can eat

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ARS-outlnder View Post
    Since WCG has badges also, any chance of Bok putting them on our pages like Yoyo??
    I want to, but it's not quite possible as they don't export the subproject data at all.

I even asked about it on their forums a couple of months ago.. Perhaps you can all lobby them to produce the data...

Hey Shish

Pop your GFX cards onto GPUGrid and you can reduce the amount of CPU needed to feed your GPUs and only have BOINC running. Then you can quite happily run WCG and GPUGrid
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

Does it run on ATIs?
    I will have another 4850x2 available but the 4870x2 single is overloading trying to take the feeds from the 16 channelsx2x6 cards tuners and MPeg2 convertors until I get everybody taking the feeds upgraded to MPeg4. May have to stick another 4870X2 in the server to take some of the hardware loads of the conversion and free up a bit more cpu for housekeeping. Even with the I7 and HT, which does work well on this type of system, the cpu is getting hammered controlling the feeds and hardware process and I could do with a dual 55XX setup if they come down in price a bit. Need to justify the outlay to her indoors though but the business model is working well though taking some worn out brainpower .

Collatz supports ATI cards I believe.

Will look at it but running F@H on the single 4850 at the mo'. May double that one up with another single or replace it with a dual now prices are dropping on the 4850. Sapphire 4850x2 1Gb is only around £130 now but more mem costs significantly more it seems.
    Having trouble keeping up with all these new projects as well as volunteering my time and services (necessarily unpaid nowadays so can't "divert" many "resources" unbeknownst) .

http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/power_apps.php

Platform Version Plan class Installation time
    collatz_1.08_windows_x86_64__ati_SSE2.zip (Win x64) 1.08 ATI CAL/Brook 1.3 07/10/2009 11:42 CST
    collatz_1.08_windows_intelx86__ati.zip (Win32) 1.08 ATI CAL/Brook 1.3 07/10/2009 11:42 CST