Thread: More Project Stats??

Lightbulb More Project Stats??

Perhaps since the project stats/progress is what we mostly agree is the main goal.. perhaps that should be the main thing people should see when they hit the stats button. We do see the thermometer that shows how we are doing in the current protein.. how 'bout we get a nice hourly / daily / weekly output graph there.. And some kind of estimated wu per active user number. As it is now.. when you go there.. to me it says everything about the best structures .. and then all about teams and individuals.. but not too much about how we are crunching as a community.. Maybe off the that page then you can go see teams and individuals if you are really needing that stuff. An accurate number displayed of accounts /active-users /zero-producers would round it out nicely (or clear out the zero people) ...Show everybody how it really is the ability to crunch as a community instead of individually..

I would love to see some stats on how much production each country is producing. Just like SETI does.

What ever happened to the idea of having total stats for all proteins tested so far and stats for the current protein we are checking? I remember before the new backend system was in place that is something you mentioned you would look at after the new backend was up and running so I was just wondering if you were still considering this and if yes any idea of when it might appear?

Jeff.

Re: More Project Stats??

Originally posted by lemonsqzz
    Perhaps since the project stats/progress is what we mostly agree is the main goal.. perhaps that should be the main thing people should see when they hit the stats button. We do see the thermometer that shows how we are doing in the current protein.. how 'bout we get a nice hourly / daily / weekly output graph there.. And some kind of estimated wu per active user number. As it is now.. when you go there.. to me it says everything about the best structures .. and then all about teams and individuals.. but not too much about how we are crunching as a community.. Maybe off the that page then you can go see teams and individuals if you are really needing that stuff. An accurate number displayed of accounts /active-users /zero-producers would round it out nicely (or clear out the zero people) ...Show everybody how it really is the ability to crunch as a community instead of individually..
    Since I've started tracking all the users and teams in the project, I could easily produce each of the things that you've just asked for.

I'd be happy to give Howard some URLs he could plug in to the DF stats page to display this stuff if it's something he doesn't have the time or inclination to do himself.

I have a feeling some of those stats on the df stats page may not be accurate .. Participants by Age.. and the location ones. Maybe those need to be retired .. If the country info is still valid that is a keeper.. I'd like to see a daily line graph of registered users vs active users so we can get a good visual of how quickly the project is growing and how many of those people are really contributing. if you also add a zero contributers line to that we can see if we need to do a bit of thinning of the herd...

if you also add a zero contributers line to that we can see if we need to do a bit of thinning of the herd...
    That's a good idea!

Mostly I would like to just see stats for the current protein - I got into the game late and have no chance of competing overall, but it would be cool to have a level playing field on the latest protein

-OgreChow