Thread: Windows 7 Home Premium (pre-order) for £44.97

Windows 7 Home Premium (pre-order) for £44.97

I'm not sure how long this will be available, so take advantage ASAP.

Tesco Direct currently have this priced at £49.97 but you can get it down to £44.97 with the following code which gives you £5 off when spending over £30: TDX-SFFT

A £5 delivery charge shows at one stage during the checkout process but this is fully discounted (removed) before placing the order.

I just finished installing Win7 Pro 64bit. I get it free through school, thought it might not be available until official retail release but was listed today so downloaded it, nuked Vista, and I'm Win7'ing it right now. First place I visited after getting the network going besides Windows Update was here.

Blog Entries
    its always great to visit free-dc.org with a fresh installed browser - that's the way how I remind my free-dc forum password

I still have to wait one month until I can get a Windows 7 copy legally - no possibility to get it free through office/school or whatever
    the-mk

So its going to go back up to £150 after this promo finishes?

The price went back up quite a while ago.

Hopefully some people were able to take advantage of the offer whilst it was still available though. I know I did.

Yep, me too. It sold out most places very fast but I got a copy of Home Premium and Pro before it did. You can now get the Family set of 3 computers on Win 7 Home at a reasonable price I believe, around £120 for 3 ain't too bad?
    Like an ol` 8086, slow but serviceable.
    One advantage of old age...nobody can tell you how much cake you can eat

No thanks, thats way to much.
    I get irritated everytime I startup win
    Linux makes me feel good

Awhhh Cwhyl you're just stingy
    First M$ I've had to pay for since '98 but it mostly does work and for a family, £40'ish each ain't too bad for 3 comps which aren't unusual in todays households.
    Mind you, I still have to succeed in educating my kids that they DO have to actually pay for things they get off me via "The Bank of Mom and Dad"
    Like an ol` 8086, slow but serviceable.
    One advantage of old age...nobody can tell you how much cake you can eat

Heh, yeah, sorry for that.
    Local mag here recommends Win7 as the best OS for netbooks although it needs 2meg memory, hm? The good thing is it can take advantage of the hyperthreading in the Atom N280 wich I have.
    But only be able to run 3 progs a time sounds silly..