Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: SOB Sieve or all PSP Sieve ranges?

  1. #1

    SOB Sieve or all PSP Sieve ranges?

    Why is there not anymore SOB Sieve found but only PSP Sieves?
    I look at the other teams stats and no one has found a SOB Sieve for a very long time.

    I would like to further my teams score on the SOB Sieve part of things but seem unable to.
    Can someone explain to me how I can find SOB Sieves or is that part of the project over?

    Bok - If you are reading this then doesn't the SOB Sieve project need to be producing work for DC-Vault inclusion?

  2. #2
    Moderator Joe O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    West Milford, NJ
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor_FX_II View Post
    Why is there not anymore SOB Sieve found but only PSP Sieves?
    I look at the other teams stats and no one has found a SOB Sieve for a very long time.

    I would like to further my teams score on the SOB Sieve part of things but seem unable to.
    Can someone explain to me how I can find SOB Sieves or is that part of the project over?

    Bok - If you are reading this then doesn't the SOB Sieve project need to be producing work for DC-Vault inclusion?
    As you can see from this stats page, SoB sieving is alive and well.

    What exactly are you looking for?

    What do you mean: "no one has found a SOB Sieve for a very long time."?
    What do you mean: "Why is there not anymore SOB Sieve found but only PSP Sieves?"

    If you want to reserve a range manually, you still can at the Combined Automatic Reservation Site, you will find the prescribed software here. It is commandline, and you need to read the Readme file in order to get started. You should also read the Manual Sieving section of this WIKI FAQ on sieving.

    Please explain your post so that we can help you.
    Last edited by Joe O; 09-13-2009 at 02:28 PM.
    Joe O

  3. #3
    Well Joe I have been running SOB Sieve for quite some time now and have scores in both SOB Sieve and PSP Sieve under team [H]ard|OCP.

    Shortly after the SOB/PSP combined in reservations and reporting (3-4 months ago) there have been no new SOB Sieves found but only PSP Sieves found.

    http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=teams&proj=sbs
    http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...ams&proj=psp_s

    Those stats clearly show that no SOB Sieves have been found by teams but PSP Sieves are being completed.

    Instead of answering your assuming "I'm a newbie" questions, how about someone answering mine?

    My next action will to bring this up in the DC-Vault to have SOB Sieve removed if I can not get a clear answer.

  4. #4
    Administrator Bok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    21,797
    Blog Entries
    13
    It's a problem with my stats not SOB sieve. I haven't got round to fixing it yet because it looks like my UserAgent to pull the data was being denied..

    If you look at the homepage for the stats though - here they are clearly updating. My script parses this page, then each teams page to get the data, but i just times out right now and I just haven't had the time to debug it

    I'll try and take a look one night this week..

    Bok

  5. #5
    Moderator Joe O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    West Milford, NJ
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor_FX_II View Post
    http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=teams&proj=sbs
    http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...ams&proj=psp_s

    Those stats clearly show that no SOB Sieves have been found by teams but PSP Sieves are being completed.
    If you had looked at the stats page I referenced above, you would have found:
    70190.882T 24737 14415271 35.0 Mon 07-Sep-2009 27348127.3 1754.77 (1) ElrondPeredh (Elrond)
    and
    606.763E 22699 875638 19.2 Fri 04-Sep-2009 0 MikeH
    70211.298T 21181 6639260 1102.0 Thu 03-Sep-2009 0 Zachariassen
    as well as
    70210.537T 21181 24662852 35.0 Fri 28-Aug-2009 133456247.8 1755.26 (2) Zachariassen
    70200.362T 10223 7315625 1338.0 Thu 27-Aug-2009 0 Zachariassen
    70208.122T 22699 21901510 35.0 Wed 26-Aug-2009 105241128.5 1755.20 (2) Zachariassen
    70201.887T 24737 19420591 35.0 Mon 24-Aug-2009 82741557.6 1755.05 (2) Zachariassen
    70193.334T 21181 10328420 2666.9 Sun 23-Aug-2009 0 Zachariassen
    70187.881T 24737 10149751 2575.4 Tue 18-Aug-2009 0 SazanEyes
    57570.302P 22699 723790 13.1 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    86642.511P 22699 718390 12.9 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    66980.617T 22699 668134 11.2 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    29318.064P 24737 145327 0.5 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    27963.967E 24737 144463 0.5 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    82131.721P 24737 143647 0.5 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    65869.310T 55459 119134 0.4 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    51703.045P 55459 119110 0.4 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    Joe O

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    It's a problem with my stats not SOB sieve. I haven't got round to fixing it yet because it looks like my UserAgent to pull the data was being denied..

    If you look at the homepage for the stats though - here they are clearly updating. My script parses this page, then each teams page to get the data, but i just times out right now and I just haven't had the time to debug it

    I'll try and take a look one night this week..

    Bok
    Thank you Bok.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe O View Post
    If you had looked at the stats page I referenced above, you would have found:
    70190.882T 24737 14415271 35.0 Mon 07-Sep-2009 27348127.3 1754.77 (1) ElrondPeredh (Elrond)
    and
    606.763E 22699 875638 19.2 Fri 04-Sep-2009 0 MikeH
    70211.298T 21181 6639260 1102.0 Thu 03-Sep-2009 0 Zachariassen
    as well as
    70210.537T 21181 24662852 35.0 Fri 28-Aug-2009 133456247.8 1755.26 (2) Zachariassen
    70200.362T 10223 7315625 1338.0 Thu 27-Aug-2009 0 Zachariassen
    70208.122T 22699 21901510 35.0 Wed 26-Aug-2009 105241128.5 1755.20 (2) Zachariassen
    70201.887T 24737 19420591 35.0 Mon 24-Aug-2009 82741557.6 1755.05 (2) Zachariassen
    70193.334T 21181 10328420 2666.9 Sun 23-Aug-2009 0 Zachariassen
    70187.881T 24737 10149751 2575.4 Tue 18-Aug-2009 0 SazanEyes
    57570.302P 22699 723790 13.1 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    86642.511P 22699 718390 12.9 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    66980.617T 22699 668134 11.2 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    29318.064P 24737 145327 0.5 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    27963.967E 24737 144463 0.5 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    82131.721P 24737 143647 0.5 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    65869.310T 55459 119134 0.4 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    51703.045P 55459 119110 0.4 Wed 12-Aug-2009 0 MikeH
    Ok then is there any particular range I should target to find SOB factors rather than PSP factors?
    Available ranges are:
    Available: 70224300 -> 71000000
    Available: 100005200 -> 200000000

    Seems that factors found in the 70000000 range have been PSP, do I assume then that the 100000000 range is for SOB?

  8. #8
    Moderator Joe O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    West Milford, NJ
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor_FX_II View Post
    Ok then is there any particular range I should target to find SOB factors rather than PSP factors?
    Available ranges are:
    Available: 70224300 -> 71000000
    Available: 100005200 -> 200000000

    Seems that factors found in the 70000000 range have been PSP, do I assume then that the 100000000 range is for SOB?
    Would you please take a good close look at the SoB factors that I posted and you quoted. Eight of them were in the 70000000 range. Both ranges will contain factors for both projects. Just reserve a range, sieve it, submit the factors that you find, and then mark it complete.
    "Lather, rinse, and repeat!"
    Joe O

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe O View Post
    Both ranges will contain factors for both projects. Just reserve a range, sieve it, submit the factors that you find, and then mark it complete.
    "Lather, rinse, and repeat!"
    Thank you, Finally a straight answer.

  10. #10
    Moderator Joe O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    West Milford, NJ
    Posts
    643
    The easiest way to submit factors to both projects is to use this page.

    Please be sure to submit both PSP and SOB factors, i.e all the factors that you find in your range, even if you are concerned with only your SoB stats.
    It is combined sieving, after all.
    Joe O

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe O View Post
    The easiest way to submit factors to both projects is to use this page.

    Please be sure to submit both PSP and SOB factors, i.e all the factors that you find in your range, even if you are concerned with only your SoB stats.
    It is combined sieving, after all.
    I have been using http://www.sierpinskisieve.com/submit.php
    and that seems to work well.

    Of coarse I would submit all factors no matter what project it was from, just seems to have been a very long dry spell for the SOB factors for me and with the addition of the Free-DC stat page not being updated I was under the false impression that there was no longer any SOB sieves to be found.
    With the new info from today I will renew my efforts in the attempt to further both projects and my teams stats for each.

    Thank you for the information, and latitude for my misunderstandings and frustrations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •