Thread: smp client

smp client

my dc has been a little spotty last couple years.

i ran the ati gpu when it first came out. then i found my athlon x2 did just as well for points on smp.

now i'm back and recently got a phenom II 550, unlocked to 4 cores. quad for 100 bucks.

and it hauls on smp, especially with linux. i've been distro hopping last couple months. gentoo gives me 5 minutes a frame. where others 6-9 min a frame. windows much higher. now if i can just keep from breaking gentoo. i've had to do over a dozen times last couple months.

if anyone installs gentoo use sysrescuecd. so much easier than minimal cd. nice tools on it also. testdisk saved my butt restoring a partition table on a 1tb hd.

Blog Entries

Gentoo performance + SMP question on P8600 C2D

I'm not surprised at the Gentoo kicking butt.

That is pretty much 'standard linux distro' when building simulators.

Glad you found the 'neat tools' that saved you from a lot of that typically accompanies a Gentoo install/special build.

One question for you and all... The win/64 Vista (6.23 distro) of FAH claims to support SMP. I've not yet tried it on my FC11, but am sure it will work there, however I have hit the on Vista/64. I'm clearly missing the mpiexec calls/libs and none of the documented options seem to have any operational success. Any suggestions for having F@H on BOTH OS's ? More specifically, what ARE the magic win/64 switches??????

Thanks,
    C.
    Last edited by Chuck; 11-20-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: forgot question 2

A FDC in training, fellow supporter of Firefox.

Proudly crunching with AMD & ATI power.
    If you want The Best you must forget the Rest
    >>>>>>>>>and join Free-DC<<<<<<<<<<<