Thread: ATI Stream application

ATI Stream application

I know this isn't everyone's favourite project but I just thought I'd give the Stream application a whirl.

On my HD 4870, each work unit lasts 50 seconds and gets 53.45 credit granted. That's over 92,000 credits per day, per GPU. I see that's why the stats have sky rocketed for this project.

The app itself seems a little flakey and caused the machine to be unstable unless I walked away from it whilst it was crunching. I see similar symptoms when running the RC5-72 Stream client, but not as severe.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    sounds about right from all the people running it prior to this using the app_info technique.

Ridiculous credit though..

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    sounds about right from all the people running it prior to this using the app_info technique.

Ridiculous credit though..
    I run MW with CUDA's on an i7 and return ~3:30 per WU. On the Phenom they run at ~6:30 per WU. I have a spare 4850 lying about so will see how that goes.

Both machines have 8GB ram and Vista. ON the CPU Wu's take over 20 minutes each (i7), and up to an hour (Penom).

On the other hand CPDN only runs about 10% faster on the i7.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    The app itself seems a little flakey and caused the machine to be unstable unless I walked away from it whilst it was crunching. I see similar symptoms when running the RC5-72 Stream client, but not as severe.
    Have not experienced any of this on the rc5-72 stream client.

The Milkyway server is back up and running. Looks like there is plenty of work available.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)