Gang,
Please forgive me having to ask. I've been away on medical and am just returning.

I am interested in FAH via boinc since this laptop/firewall software/DSL modem firewall does not cleanly support the needs of FAH directly installed software.

I spend the day defining the ports and would often get error #2 or #5. I did manage to see 'core_78' get downloaded, but never got any work to come through.

I have a Thomson DSL modem with a strict firewall. If it's possible to do FAH using AVG (not a problem to configure) and the Thomson, then I'll do it.

I'm interested in the FAH because they seem (please update me if wrong) to be the only ones handling Multiple Sclerosis (MS). My daughter-in-law was recently diagnosed and her meds are some $9000/month. I would love to see this one, due to personal bias, made better for her and all victims of the condition.

Would someone be kind enough to either:

a) give me an idea about the port usage (I did follow the faq for fah w/o success) and config for the FAH client? I know we are team 768 and have all the info from the sticky, but it did not work on the Vista platform. Linux is not an issue at all for me, just Vista.

b) have the URL of the FAH BOINC side ? Do we have a FAH team ?

Lastly, What is our current 'project of focus' ??

With great thanks in advance,
C.