Thread: Been a while, what's the process now?

Been a while, what's the process now?

Hey - it's been a while since I updated our team's project listing on the free-dc stats - when submitting "team id" do I still use the team name? or should I be using the BOINC team # now?

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    It's whatever the team id is on the stats. i.e. go to the team page and whatever is in the url for &team=?? For BOINC projects the team id's are numbers, same for SoB but for other non BOINC projects like Eon for instance it's a name (like Free-DC).

Basically it's just a way to consolidate all of the team id's from disparate projects into one main id and allows the teammain page to display across projects where otherewise it would be impossible.

There is an additional teambycpid page which is for BOINC only and is fully automatic, though it's dependant on the team 'name' being the same across BOINC projects. For instance, if in Seti@Home we had our team name as Free-DC, but in Einstein@Home we had it as FreeDC then those would not show up on the same teambycpid page..

Your's is here

Bok

*EDIT* just noticed your team's overall project rank on that page - 666

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I discarded those two you added this afternoon as you have Team Haiku for the names but they are boinc projects and should be numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    I discarded those two you added this afternoon as you have Team Haiku for the names but they are boinc projects and should be numbers...
    Yup, makes sense - it wasn't until after I submitted them that I thought to ask

I'll submit numeric updates from now on - thanks!

- Urias

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    *EDIT* just noticed your team's overall project rank on that page - 666
    Evil!