Thread: RNA World

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
    I don't changed the stats, the credits are not touched!
    He is checking the russian translation. Therefore he want's to check if everything translated well, also for creating profiles. But profile creation is only possible with a rac>100 (to avoid spamming). Therefore I inceased his rac above it. I didn't change his credits or anything ones else. The rac will go down automatic in the next days if he doesn't crunch.

If you quote something, than please do not quote it without the context. This falsifies it.

And do not see in everything a complot.

What I can learn from you is to stop open communication, because you interpret everything as a conspiracy and you are falsifying the content as you need it.

yoyo
    The invalid RAC value is exported to every external stats site.

I don't care what the reason is - one players stats should not be increased on your whim - credit totals or RAC.

I reset this single rac this evening, when I'm back from office this evening, OK?
    yoyo

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Yoyo - I can see the need for that, need to check translations work 100% and look ok, we have a dev server for this so we can test mods to the stats and the like are working 100% might be worth a try to set up a development server if you can and test it on there with an import of the live data so that you can increase / decrease stats to check translations then migrate the php to live since you've tested it.

Micheal - I can understand that, I do know people who have trouble getting to grips with the english language and it's their primary language.

Angus - As Yoyo said please if your going to quote from somewhere else that the person reading may / may not visit at least post a link to the full story makes it a lot easier for people to understand.
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Blog Entries
    Come On Guys let's have a
    Angus RNA is Still a Baby Please let them learn to stand and walk before you smack them down
    Remember You are Free-DC To Me that means something

What I can learn from you is to stop open communication, because you interpret everything as a conspiracy and you are falsifying the content as you need it.
    Yoyo please do not let Angus make you feel this way
    You do play a important part in bringing more power to the DC world
    And I to hope you learn to evolve And bring competition back into the DC world

I am sorry AGAIN for this Rant But All This Bickering is starting to get to ME

The project isn't even open to the public yet, but it is being slammed.

What happened to trying to help people. I guess I missed something along the way.

The constant attacks are getting old and are starting to remind me of a vendetta.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Big Red, don't worry the admin team is on top of the situation and keeping an eye on everthing... Your right though.
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

The RNA World server migration is completed. Friday evening we started, Sunday around noon the new machine started sending out work units again. So far, we experienced no problems and with an Intel i7-920 Quad-Core, 12 GB of DDR3 RAM and a dual 1.5 TB RAID storage system the new server should not run into database issues again as was the case with the old one. We also changed everything from 32 to 64 bit which required quite some work.

Thanks a lot (!) to all donators and to Yoyo who finally put all of this quickly into practice.

We are currently running a larger set of test work units to check integrity of the system. Then we need to analyze the results in detail, and, if everything runs smoothly, we will start to allow more and more people to participate in a step-wise manner - just as a precaution to avoid server overload.

Michael.
    http://www.rechenkraft.net - Germany's largest distributed computing community

- - - - - - - - - -
    RNAs are nanomachines or nanomachine building blocks. Examples: The ribosome, RNase P, the cellular protein secretion machinery and the spliceosome.