Thread: RNA World

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mr. Weber, even though I am currently not doing your project, I am very pleased that you are communicative and willing to do whatever you have to do to keep it up and running.

I assure you that your attitude is few and far between.

Thank you for a job well done.

I agree. It is almost unheard of for a project to be informative any place except the project web site. Keep up the great work.
    And make sure you enjoy your Rosenmontag.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

Thanks guys for the nice encouragement. Even on Rosenmontag (how do you know?) we keep an eagle eye on our project as you can see.

Michael.
    http://www.rechenkraft.net - Germany's largest distributed computing community

- - - - - - - - - -
    RNAs are nanomachines or nanomachine building blocks. Examples: The ribosome, RNase P, the cellular protein secretion machinery and the spliceosome.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael H.W. Weber View Post
    (how do you know?)
    Michael.
    Take a look at my location. I'm at work in Mainz-Kastel and I can hear the parade across the river in Mainz.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Take a look at my location. I'm at work in Mainz-Kastel and I can hear the parade across the river in Mainz.
    Ahh, that is indeed an explanation.

Back to RNA World now: As soon as the current CMS WUs are over, we most likely need to wait until completion of the current CMC WUs before I can put more CMS WUs online. I will put this information as well on the main page notice board, soon.

Michael.

- - - - - - - - - -
    RNAs are nanomachines or nanomachine building blocks. Examples: The ribosome, RNase P, the cellular protein secretion machinery and the spliceosome.

It looks like there about 7200 CMC WUs queued up (un-sent).

Since those can only be crunched on Linux 64 bit machines, and they each take 1.5 hours or so (from your server status graphs), it looks like it might be a couple of weeks before those all get crunched, since there don't seem to be very many of the required machines.

Is that correct?

Yeah. So the best way to solve the issue would be to hook up more Linux x64 machines, right?
    I could of course produce more CMS WUs by running CMC locally as I did before on my 955 BE. We will see how things develop.
    But we need people to understand, that in the present development stage of the project, it is of importance to make sure our system really runs well. We are still in testing phase. Please never forget that. You saw how only recently our quite powerful new server was hit by the tremendous requests. Or the issue with the RAID system. Good things sometimes take time to optimize for the many unexpected small issues that surely arise with such a project and for that we just request a little patience.

Michael.

[edit]: By the way, the server currently helps crunching away these CMC WUs for it is a Linux x64 machine, too.
    Last edited by Michael H.W. Weber; 02-15-2010 at 04:43 PM.

- - - - - - - - - -