Thread: Wrapper talk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If people are going to go for top-10 and thinks the yoyo user is a problem, why not simply subtract 1 from whatever your rank is? Everyone who's anyone in BOINC(by credits) is going to be aware of the situation with the yoyo user, so top-11 puts you in the top-10 in the minds of everyone who's opinion matters in this.

The problem I have is that if you have a considerable pile of results from the native client, you CAN'T use the boinc wrapper to contribute to that same account.

I don't care a bit for the science of any of these projects. I've made that clear before, and I have no problems repeating it again. There are only a few that are real efforts, most are just playthings for grad students. To me, it's all about competition, and when something like this gets in the way I get ticked off and start ranting. Take it or leave it.

And I'm NOT running any yoyo wrapper projects, never did, and never will. I just think it creates an unfair situation.
    Last edited by Angus; 01-13-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    I don't care a bit for the science of any of these projects. I've made that clear before, and I have no problems repeating it again. There are only a few that are real efforts, most are just playthings for grad students. To me, it's all about competition, and when something like this gets in the way I get ticked off and start ranting. Take it or leave it.
    To Yoyo it's mostly about the science of the projects, and that's absolutely fine. It's the science that matters first, competition comes second. Negative ranters like you shouldn't bother him (or anyone else) in any way, you no much more than a troll.

Blog Entries
    Play nice Saenger Angus is not a troll He is a respected member of Free-DC
    and just has a different opinion then yours.
    That is NOT a reason to throw stones
    Just remember we may not think alike but we are all DC'ing Brothers
    Come on everybody a group

As it's not the first time I read Angus in this very hostile, mainly ranting, not listening, my-way-or-the-highway style about his personal view of how things should be done, everything else is just utterly wrong, I came to the (for me) well founded conclusion that he is plainly a troll, nobody to take serious. The main problem with him is imho that his bullying attitude is detrimental to new users who may think he's typical for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Saenger View Post
    As it's not the first time I read Angus in this very hostile, mainly ranting, not listening, my-way-or-the-highway style about his personal view of how things should be done, everything else is just utterly wrong, I came to the (for me) well founded conclusion that he is plainly a troll, nobody to take serious. The main problem with him is imho that his bullying attitude is detrimental to new users who may think he's typical for DC.
    When I'm right, I'm right, and I'll defend my opinion to the end.

At least I'm not making personal attacks like some.

When I'm right, I'm right, and I'll defend my opinion to the end.
    You are moving not one piece from your position. You even do not honor that on OGR-27 (and ogr-26, but can't check it) is no more a single yoyo@home user any more. You do not honor, that boinc_wrapper is without a ranking number in DPAD stats. You do not honor, that yoyo@home feeds the Boinc community to the native projects which is 5-10% of dnet ogr power, 30-45% of DPAD, more than 50% of evolution@home.

For me it seems that you are not able to jump out of your view and look into the view of the majority of the Boinc users, you are probably not able to make any compromise.

To be honest, I'm feeling it different.

yoyo

You're kidding, right? Nearly every second post by you in this thread included personal attacks on Yoyo. You started (this thread / the heated debate in the other thread) by a post with personal attacks on Yoyo. If you really think you made no personal attacks you're in desperate need to adjust yourself to reality again as you would be far off in this regard.

Edit:
    I recieved two of this:
    I can see them in my incriminated posts, I can't see any in Angus' insulting posts. Are they only to see for the posters themself?
    Last edited by Saenger; 01-14-2010 at 09:17 AM.