Thread: Any sieving done?

Any sieving done?

Holy dry spell batman... Are any of these numbers we are trying pre-sieved or are we testing a lot of things that could have small factors in them?

Are you volunteering

Drives 1 and 2 will have to stop because i dont have the resources to spare.
    They will be on hold when the ports run dry.

Drive 3 is going well, plently of primes there, not what you would call dry.

Quote Originally Posted by PCZ View Post
    Are you volunteering
    Possibly. I was wondering if these ranges have/are being sieved at all or if we are just testing them when they might have small factors if nobody has done any sieving whatsoever.

Drive 3 is going well, plently of primes there, not what you would call dry.
    The last reported prime here for Drive 3 was Christmas so that is 2 months ago, I would say that is pretty dry.

Jeff.

Jeff
    I keep adding them to the last post in the drive 3 thread.
    It's getting quite long.

Currently the project is 4th by number of primes found.
    http://primes.utm.edu/bios/top20.php...&by=PrimesRank

How long, roughly, before drives 1/2 run dry? I'm in the process of building a new tv server to replace my original 2 but I'm also just using it to replace some of my internal hifi stuff and tv recorders etc. It won't be anything spectacular, just a lowish power 4 core or maybe 2.It wasn't going to be used for dc but I could always run some intermittent sieving jobs on it or something similar. Building it is also dependent on my available time which is very variable just now but it shouldn't be too long before I source and supply it. Just haven't had much web time recently and most of that has been via my new Android toy phone as I waste my time waiting for people to sort work details out or turn up for meetings.
    Anyway, I will have time soon after I've kicked a few a*ses. Our Prime Minister has nothing compared to my cold fury when things don't get done (English/Scotish joke). People who work with me work my way or not as the case may be and I'm not a bad tempered person really but my command of the English language is good. So before I rattle on any further, any suggested specs will be taken into account and I'll volunteer the machine for our sieving or other use plus any web access it needs. It will also be running Win7 64bit Home Premium by the way with a Raid 5 6x1.5 Tb. system (1 hot spare).
    Regards to all, off to London for a meeting but still got access via my phone.
    Like an ol` 8086, slow but serviceable.
    One advantage of old age...nobody can tell you how much cake you can eat

Jeff
    I keep adding them to the last post in the drive 3 thread.
    It's getting quite long.
    Ah, ok I missed the "Edited" tag, you are just adding them to the bottom, that explains things. I guess I'm just having a personal dry spell then.