Thread: Error using the -g argument

Error using the -g argument

Anyone else have trouble running with the -g 0 argument?
    For me the client fails at start telling me it's an invalid argument and needs a - but the dash is there. Take out the -g 0 and client runs OK.
    This is with the Windows cmdline client, still have to try the Linux version.

Sorry went past the edit time limit.

The Linux client seems to work fine with the -g 0 on all my systems.

Please show me the FULL command line being called for foldtrajlite.exe as well as the exact error message you receive.
    Howard Feldman

Ok, first I fixed the problem by downloading the whole new package, installing it and recreating the batch files. Seems to work ok.

error[000.000] taskapi.c line 571 args must start with - the offending arg #9 was g
    fatal error [000.000] foldtrajlite.c line 4129 missin or invalid args run prog with no args

foldtrajlite -f protein -n native -gf -df -it -rt -g 0 -s 10000 -ut

This is the file I run to upload from nonet systems. Error happened during the auto update sequence.

notice you have a '-g f' in the command line. That's the mistake.
    You probably meant -qf. Now the question is did you manully edit that file, or did the software do that in which case I need to go fix it?
    Howard Feldman

Argh, that's a stupid typo in the post, it's not in the command line like that. It took me 4 times to get that post into the forum so I was in a hurry type mode. In the real file it is a -qf, the problem really was with the -g 0 , when I edited it out the file worked, when put back it choked. Since no one else had the same problem and a reinstall fixed mine I don't think it's broken. And yes the -g 0 is from me, not the software. The strange thing is this file was used for weeks to upload and worked fine, in fact it uploaded 30 minutes before the changeover.
    Last edited by willebenn; 01-08-2003 at 03:09 PM.