Thread: Microsoft rant

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries

Microsoft rant

So, I need to get a valid Win7 as my RC runs out on monday and the machine will start shutting down every 10 mins.

Ok, went onto the MS site to buy it at it's ridiculous price, but was offered a technet plus subscription for just a little more. Cool, I should have done that some time ago anyway. So I login and go through the process, entering credit card number and such. After the last submit, I get - unknown error 1600, we think something was entered incorrectly but aren't sure what.. WTF ? So, I think, perhaps it's typical MS as I was using Chrome to do this. So, try again on IE8. Same thing!!! And to make it worse I have 2 pending transactions on my CC. These *hopefully* will just expire, but how on earth can you NOT do the credit card transaction as the last part of the process and ONLY if no error has occurred.

Now I have to wait until monday to call them up and see what is going on, at which point my main pc will be shutting down every 2 hours..

Bok

Blog Entries
    slmgr.exe /rearm

?????
    wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona \

Don't ya just hate "unknown" errors. Sloppy coding! Shows a lack of supervision over the MS grunt coders. Some dumb low-level manager who should know better will let this kind of thing slip through with the defense that, "Hey, at least we got an error message out so the user knows SOMETHING's wrong." Visual Basic thinking strikes again.

Not good enough.
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.