Thread: Collatz@home

Collatz@home

Didn't see a forum for it so I'll just say hi in this one -- :-) And maybe Bok will magically create a real one! lol But anyway I put a little bit on it today and will see how it goes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
    Didn't see a forum for it so I'll just say hi in this one -- :-) And maybe Bok will magically create a real one! lol But anyway I put a little bit on it today and will see how it goes.
    There are allready a few theads for it Bok made one 6 months ago
    http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19485
    and
    http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20134

Good to see ya we need all the help we can get

Welcome aboard. I put almost everything on it today in my drive to be the first person on this team to reach 100,000,000 credits for a single project. I'm also giving Laurenu2 a chance to catch up over on Milkyway. Now let's see if we can push the team up the stats some.

Anybody else want to help?
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

Figures, I put some systems on collatz last night and now it appears that the site is down this morning.................. :-(

Figures, I put some systems on collatz last night and now it appears that the site is down this morning.................. :-(
    He's right, it's down.

LAUREN did you go out and get your own witchdoctor?

Pssst. OK, I'm going to let all you GPU guys in on a little secret. Just don't anyone tell Lauren.

For Collatz, set your resource share to 100 and your cache to about 4 days. The project is almost never down that long. As insurance attach to Milkyway with a resource share of 1. You'll do a MW WU every once in a while but will have it available should the Collatz WUs run out.

If you want to run Milkyway, update to Boinc 6.10.56. Attach to MW with a resource share of 100 and a cache of about 1.5 hours. Next attach to Collatz (or any other GPU project) with a resource share of 0. That project then becomes your backup project and will only kick in when there is no MW work.

Remember GPU work is FIFO so if you get 2 days of work from the backup project you'll have to go through that before returning to the primary project.

Remember Lauren must not hear about this or he will catch me in no time.

Blame storms and the evils of Comcast for these latest outages. It should be up pretty soon...

This was posted yesterday over @Willys:
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    The server crashed this morning leaving the MySQL innodb tables in a corrupted state. The log files were also corrupted. Since MySQL can't even start, repair is out of the question. (Why can't it start and make the corrupted database unavailable so that one can drop it and then restore instead of wiping out the entire innodb installation and starting from scratch? Gotta love freeware.) The good news is that the database backups ran just a short while prior to the crash. A replacement server was purchased and already in the process of being configured so rather than restore to the existing [flaky] server, it will be restored to the new server. The bad news is that it will take a few days, and, if I can't get it all configured and up and running by Tuesday, Collatz may be down for another week or more due to other obligations.