Thread: Sieve Coordination Thread [old]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I love 67607
    RangerX,

(Louie and Paul: Sorry if I am wrong in any of the comments below.)

You can submit as frequent as you like. There is no problem in submitting the numbers more than once. The server understands it. Simply copy all of the factors in the window of the client (or from the SoBSieve.dat file, but be careful to exclude pmin and pmax rows in that case) and paste to the submission window, and press the submit button.

Important: Do not forget to log in before you submit. Otherwise the database will not know it's you submitting (it will record the numbers anyway, but "you" will not get credit for it in the future. This might be an important problem if you care a lot for stats).

If you feel unsecure at the beginning, simply copy the contents of the folder to another folder before you reboot your computer. (I evern paste my factors to an excel file )

I accidentially (!) checked the "Create new SoB.dat file" option and closed the program in the previous version, which resulted in loss of my factors (discussed above). I think there is no such risk if you did/will not check it, or better than that are using version 1.07.

On releasing 140-150 range, I think you should wait for "a day or two" before doing that. I am not really sure you are significantly slower. We'll see how fast everybody is doing by that time as everybody shares their progress.

By the way, the highest p range that any of us reserved is still just 260 billion. So, it is too early to feel uncomfortable.

Of course, it is still important that you commit your computer time 7/24 (or close to that) to meet the deadline.

Q: What is your processor?

Regards,

Nuri
    Last edited by Nuri; 01-20-2003 at 07:09 PM.