Thread: What's our team number?

What's our team number?

Did a search on "team number" in this forum and found bupkus(sp?)

I have 6 hours before it completes to solve all the various identity problems, stay tuned.

Edit: Is it 758? That's what I entered.
    Last edited by jasong; 06-21-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: The edit is the edit. Tautologies, I've heard of them.

You posted this in the PS3 section instead of F@H, but yes, our team number is 758.

PS3 is still good for 900 PPD, AFAIK. Less than most dual core CPUs running the SMP client.

I'm running it on a ps3, that's why I picked this forum. If my question were specifically about the project itself, then yes, I'd post in the Folding@Home forum.

It doesn't matter what you're running it on, the team number is still the same. Also, you neglected to even mention Folding@home at all.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    It doesn't matter what you're running it on, the team number is still the same. Also, you neglected to even mention Folding@home at all.
    True, I did forget to mention it, sorry.

New question, how the heck do I escape back to the regular game menu? I had to turn it off and back on, and I believe that has the potential to corrupt the OS. Is it different when you're in that special channel mode? Because I noticed it takes a long time to turn off when you press the button, maybe that's it using the software to turn off?

No more Folding until I learn the proper way to "escape" from that mode.

I think if you hold down the button in the centre of your controller (it has a Playstation emblem on it) for a few seconds, you get a menu from which you can quit Playstation Life and return to the XMB.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    I think if you hold down the button in the centre of your controller (it has a Playstation emblem on it) for a few seconds, you get a menu from which you can quit Playstation Life and return to the XMB.
    Thanks, that worked. I put it back to crunching.
    Last edited by jasong; 06-23-2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Good grammar is king

jasong, I see you've been punching out pretty steady numbers lately. That must mean the PS3 is crunching nicely, eh?

Every now and then I let my PS3 do a few work units; it is doing different science to the other client versions after all. The slim PS3 is nice because it's so quiet I can hardly even notice that it is powered on.