Okay Ladies and Gents on here, I have a major freaking problem with a works machine
So I thought I'll go look for a 32-bit pre-built system somewhere easy to get to and that won't cost the earth - that's how we ended up the i3 - yeah it's great but hmm won't run the lovely CMS video software or rather not the version we need to work with the product - the older version installs no problem as it doesn't need .NET 1.1 but of course it doesn't see the newer DVR :|
It is a nice Intel i3 530 with windows 7 64-bit it works well enough the issue I have is with some software that at current isn't going to be re-written to work with a 64-bit OS why because it relies on for some reason some part of the .NET 1.1 Framework which may install on a 64-bit OS but it also uses .NET 3.5 which of course is 32/64 bit and which comes pre-installed with Win 7 and I can see no way to force it to install in 32-bit mode on Win 7 so I can get this software to run, I know the software will install fine on Windows 7 32-bit as this is what is on my personal laptop and it was say "yes" to the install where as the other one couldn't detect the .Net 1.1 :|

I've looked again and all I'm seeing is Win 7 64-bit installs
Now I have seen a few AMD processor ones and a quick look on the AMD site would seem to suggest that they will work in either 64-bit mode or 32-bit mode, where as the i3 is a 64-bit chip and doesn't appear to have a downshift to 32-bit available.. I knew I loved AMD for a reason

Any ideas people on the hardware...
Quick spec for client pc is this
Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
2Gb Ram
320Gb HD
512Mb Nvidia Gforce 8/9 Card or equivlent - I think they don't like ATi with dual display
Network T100 min / T1000 recommended

If we need to go Multi-PC Server then the spec goes up but hmm don't think we'll need that just yet and well I don't know of any 32-bit OS that supports a Quad Core and 4Gb of ram and well loads more HDD space like a 1Tb.