Thread: Trying to display RC5-72 stats

Trying to display RC5-72 stats

I can't seem to get my RC5-72 stats to show up using the statstool configurator. This is me: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...BNi!%26quot%3B
    So I enter (475269Kinights Who Say "Ni!"). And I get nothing. I've gone through many variations trying to get it to work... using(%26quot%3BNi!%26quot%3B) and different html symbol codes (& #34; ) without the spaces and (& quot; ) without the spaces. I have a feeling it has something to do with the quotes in my team name (silly Knights) and how the server processes the output.

Any ideas? Thanks
    Sir Stooper

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, they are a pain. I we should really try to write a quick parser to enable entering of it without having to do the the html encoding manually.

Try entering this exactly

475269Knights Who Say "Ni!"

That does indeed display the name correctly in the statstool form after updating, but the stats page it links to will have an output of: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=user&proj=rc572&name=475269Knights+Who+Say+"Ni!" which gets me nothing again. I'm afraid that I may be stuck because some silly Knight made our team name many years ago with some quotes. Meh - I've lived with it this long...just thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stooper101 View Post
    That does indeed display the name correctly in the statstool form after updating, but the stats page it links to will have an output of: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=user&proj=rc572&name=475269Knights+Who+Say+"Ni!" which gets me nothing again. I'm afraid that I may be stuck because some silly Knight made our team name many years ago with some quotes. Meh - I've lived with it this long...just thought I'd ask.

Thanks
    that link works > rc572 - name=475269 team=Knights+Who+Say+"Ni!"
    Or it should - hmm I think i've managed to update your usermain page as well although I think we've uncovered an issue with the stats we figure was fixed
    Last edited by gopher_yarrowzoo; 08-28-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Just a thought... if the quotes are giving troubles, could the team number be used instead? Our team number is 3706 in RC5-72. Or would that be too much of a re-write of the code?

I've just looked at the DB and no the team number isn't stored in it at present and since I don't know at present where we grab the stats from so I can't check the xml to see if it's there.. If it is might be possible but we'd probably need to update the query and split it maybe so it can do either slight headache moment.. I'm going to try and see if I can't see if there is an easier fix for it - do note that your RC5-72 is on your own user page now even although it appears your "0" for the last month.

Wow, thanks for all the hard work! Yeah, team project of the month drew me away for awhile, but I always wanted a place that I could see all my different DC stats. Free-DC has been the answer, except for this little hiccup. Thanks again.

Sir Stooper

No problem Sir Stooper, you may want to go kick the Knight who made the name a few times, with your armor on and his off...