Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orbit@Home has new work..

Blog Entries

Ha-Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    I've heard that one before and you still haven't caught me.

BTW Orbit has work again.
    Na your roadkill and do not even know it yet
    6 laurenu2 - 17,701 -- 284,421 -United States -5 Sep --2010 --6:35:50 UTC
    7 Bigred ----1,612 --- 279,796----- None------ 4 Mar --2008- 6:49:28 UTC

You should be ahead with 3 times the computers working on it. Congratz on making the #1 spot for RAC.

I guess that makes me roadkill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83S7w2bdwtY

19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

Blog Entries
    well at least I tried to swerve Sorry if I clipped your toes

Blog Entries

Work from O@H???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

When will O@H have more work? I *still* can't even get a WU from them..... I am definitely

A FDC in training, fellow supporter of Firefox.

Proudly crunching with AMD & ATI power.
    If you want The Best you must forget the Rest
    >>>>>>>>>and join Free-DC<<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    When will O@H have more work? I *still* can't even get a WU from them
    There's a steady trickles of resends right now. I guess it's the 'validation inconclusives' beginning to filter through.

I'm expecting the WUs I'm getting to only validate around 50%

Al.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChertseyAl View Post
    There's a steady trickles of resends right now. I guess it's the 'validation inconclusives' beginning to filter through.

I'm expecting the WUs I'm getting to only validate around 50%

Al.
    Thanks for the info..... I am FINALLY getting WUs from Orbit.... a rather steady stream (provided I don't ask for much)... aka... LAUREN keep that monster throttled!!!!
    Every WU I complete IS validated at a level HIGHER than what I 'claimed' for credit. Something is working right there... They appear to have a min-credit-granted value in the DB.

Now, for the Orbit board to run its stats update and 'officially' show me as a member of FDC here at FDC is the next part....... Their database shows me as a member, but I'm not in the FDC list....
    I will be patient and wait 24 hours before dropping Bok a pm about it.

My guess, based on seeing this in the ancient past, is a disconnect between the stats exporter and the FDC stats tool (which hasn't missed a thing in AGES) (yes, I believe our statstool above others).

Where I'm seeing a major delay/problem showing up is with the MW validator.... that little gem is VERY slow to progress out of the 'pending' state..... They have also been issuing some bad WUs recently.

Thanks,
    C.
    Last edited by Chuck; 09-25-2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: a typo

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    They only export their stats once per day unfortunately. This shows it

If you look here at the top right, it shows when it last checked for new xml (pretty often) and when it last updated after finding new data..

Bok

Blog Entries
    Bok,
    I saw that and what I just checked.... it's very strange.... their stats had me as a member of FDC since I created my account, but I would not show up in anyone's xml. I left a message for them on their forum to please check the xml export and presto I am here.... I suspect they found another config error.
    Sorry to have troubled you in any way. I know you and the admins put a great deal of time into maintaining and improving the stats engine. Given the 'growing pains' they seem to have (mixed OS-type WU assignments, it's pretty clear they could use some assistance. I would hope the SSL folks are helping them get things rolling given their association with JPL and similar resources.

I've always checked the date/time stamps in the upper right corner of any stats page to give scope to when the stats should be valid for. I really do think they had me in their member list (as their team list shows me leaving) in spite of my FDC membership from day 1. Now, i'm home and that's where I belong.... right here @ FDC.

Thanks for taking the time . I have bookmarked the page and will use it again if I ever question/challenge whether or not FDC is receiving stats data from a project.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    Last edited by Chuck; 09-26-2010 at 02:02 AM. Reason: typo

Given the 'growing pains' they seem to have (mixed OS-type WU assignments, it's pretty clear they could use some assistance. I would hope the SSL folks are helping them get things rolling given their association with JPL and similar resources.

Chuck
    Don't count on it. I've been around Orbit since the beginning and it is pretty much a one man show. There were long peroids without work or any communication. There seems to me to be a lack of sufficient hardware to keep up with the demand. I've pretty much backed out of it for now and will wait and see what happens.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

Blog Entries
    Red,
    That's a shame. I would offer my assistance if I knew it could be put to use. I was around the early predictor, got it stable, and they pulled out some wonderful results. Then it went to V5 of the server and a new project lead (my colleague was leaving Scripps) and I was 'not needed' at PAH.

=== possible off-topic ===
    This is somewhat off topic.... but other than a few good strong servers, plenty of disk space, and proper network bandwidth AND a stable app (on all 3 major OS's)..... how much pain is involved in setting up a new project? I ask because something quite pioneering in the Space/Math/Science field has come to light and upon reflection it looks like a GREAT idea for a project. You (and others) are welcome to PM me or post in the appropriate new thread (Please pm me the thread name or link) with comments, suggestions and anything else you can think of.

Also, regarding MW & Orbit... I do have my 2 GPUs running here, but given the lack of test programs for them and number of known problems with ATI configs & drivers..... I'm writing a Host-GPU test program which will, if complete to the level I want, test these devices BEFORE we put them into service. Albeit stand-among testing, I've got 'memtest86+' level of testing on my mind.... That is not a difficult test to write, just a 'detail rich' test. Comments offline/pm welcome there too.

== end of off-topic ==

Thanks

C

PS: my OAH queues are full w/ CPU rework due to the OS mixing & inability to complete the validation / transitioning of a WU from in progress -> done. I'm running as fast as I can and still can't keep up..... BUT, it can't keep up as well..... AFAIK, there seems to be some 1M+ credits already lost for users due to OS family mismatches.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    It's pretty simple to set up the boinc server software. I've done it a few times with and without the VM image. Hard part is integrating your own software and generating the work queues. Of course you need to be fairly well versed in scripting and it helps if you know how to deal with mysql too..

Bok

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Of course you need to be fairly well versed in scripting and it helps if you know how to deal with mysql too..
    Bok
    Well I guess you can rule me out thenThe only thing I know well is to go real Fast

Red,
    That's a shame. I would offer my assistance if I knew it could be put to use. I was around the early predictor, got it stable, and they pulled out some wonderful results. Then it went to V5 of the server and a new project lead (my colleague was leaving Scripps) and I was 'not needed' at PAH.
    Was that before, during, or after the DLB and Wate fiasco ?

Blog Entries
    I have my
    ====
    Pushing hard to see if we can
    Jump 3 Seats and Take over 6th Place
    I will soon be up to Full Speed

Blog Entries
    I am ready to start pushing out work... my test program is 'certified' one machine as ok and the other is running (I had to tweak the config detection routine). Should be good to go within 24.

Right now I have some 2400-2500 done at OAH 'waiting for validation'........ yep.... the validator hasn't even run on them yet...... bet that machine must be thrashing like crazy.

As per the question about PAH.... Off-topic for this thread, but will answer. I don't remember the name, but the person who took charge was 'highly recommended' and endorsed by D.A. Need I say more? I 'seem' to remember it was the 'beginning' of the fiasco.

PS: Bok and admins: the :rofl: is not showing up in the advanced list on the web editor and it has seems to be unpredictable... suggestions?
    Tnx, C.
    Last edited by Chuck; 09-30-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: PS for Bok:

Blog Entries
    I am ready to start pushing out work... my test program is 'certified' one machine as ok
    To Late I sucked the server dry
    I'm pumping 65K a day
    But Darn the Team is still 12 K
    From being Top daily output

Blog Entries
    What's up with the server ?????

I'm trying to report a BUNCH a of work and it's popping an 'HTTP internal server error' when boinc tries to report them

Anyone else seeing this or is it my connection only?

Tnx,
    C.

Blog Entries
    Yes everybody is getting that now We all sucked the life out of that server
    They might be doing CPR ( central processor revival ) NOW

Blog Entries
    I think that it's too late for CPR based on how the PT (Proessor Threads)
    I would venture to guess the admin has already signed the Organ Donor Card.

Shall we say a few words in memory of it and move on? If so, where to?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12