Thread: Constellation: Invite-Codes for best Simulation-Ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    And now we have a gopher
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Blog Entries
    Can you gopher a shot of some whiskey

I have some thoughts about extending your existing application.

Given that we have 'probes' exiting the solar system and we now understand the magnitude of the vast distances between the sun and the nearest stars:
    1 - using as many planetary or solar sling-shot passes as necessary what is the optimum path to obtain the fastest possible exit speed from the solar system whilst maintaining human-sustainable g-force?
    2 - using as many stellar sling-shot passes as necessary what is the optimum path to obtain the fastest possible arrival at the nearest galaxy whilst maintaining human-sustainable g-force?

Parameters to be defined by some science would be initial mass and acceleration.
    Constraints may be excessive time to exit solar system.
    Assumptions might be deployment of solar sails between stellar objects or use of lunar based laser acceleration providing some acceleration.
    Controls might be aligning solar objects and interstellar objects into artificial planes and alignments.
    There are lots of data sheets about the mass and trajectory of solar and interstellar objects now so this should be possible.

The problem space suggests spatial and time variations of the locations of solar and stellar objects as well as attempting to arrive at a simplex optimal solution.

Alternatively, take the average size and estimated mass of an asteroid from the solar debris field, given the fastest possible path that it might leave the solar system, what are the motive properties of inter-stellar missiles that our future space-travellers have to look out for?
    (Another old theory for inter-stellar travel was to carve out a large asteroid for living space, use the unwanted mass for a mass-drive and propel it out of the solar system)

Just looking to put some science behind the epics of SciFi
    /ed - in StarTrek (..and in EVE, I just discovered..) they call it Astrometrics Since we are going to go there sooner or later we should figure out how to do it - ed/

NASA might even fund something like that
    Last edited by AMDave; 11-02-2010 at 07:29 AM. Reason: added asteroid
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    -----------------------------------------

Another simulation for you.

If we convert all automotive vehicles and power plants to Hydrogen around the globe, given the rate of absorption by the oceans and forests and the rate of expansion of the demand and supply of power, and the rate of conversion how soon would it be before either

a) the by-product levels of carbon-dioxide, nitric acid and hydrogen cyanide in the lower atmosphere achieve a human impact (SciFi reference - various)

a-2) will the atmosphere arrive at a flash-point through another reaction caused by the chemical imbalance? (I remember a SciFi story about that environment - Solar Attack)

b) I lost the option to go to a resort at the Whitsunday islands without having to land in a sea plane wearing a wet suit and scuba gear (normally you might do those things after you arrive ) - say a sea level rise of 2 meters ? is there actually enough ice on earth to do that? if it was all melted what would the levels be? how high would the tides be? (I remember a SciFi story about that environment - waterworld)

c) we run out of habitable space on the surface of the earth because we have dumped so much rubbish (I remember a SciFi story about that environment too - Wall-e)
    Last edited by AMDave; 11-02-2010 at 08:10 AM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    -----------------------------------------

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
    Just looking to put some science behind the epics of SciFi
    /ed - in StarTrek (..and in EVE, I just discovered..) they call it Astrometrics Since we are going to go there sooner or later we should figure out how to do it - ed/

NASA might even fund something like that
    so you are also a scifi fan like me?
    hmmm, the action is allready closed, BUT I granted 10 codes for Free-DC and they got 8.
    Your first idea is allready similar to 2 posted on german forums, and the second is intersting, but it sounds more suitable for climate prediction, or am I wrong?
    Could you please give some more details how you think your ideas distinguish from other ideas? Perhaps we can do something.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher_yarrowzoo View Post
    One of my favourite films... I love the one liners and the ending is really funny. Gopher's ain't dumb
    I only like the first movie of the series and I only watched it in German, and German synchronisations tend to cripple English humour .

Quote Originally Posted by LAURENU2 View Post
    Well you proved that How many gopher's can Type on a keyboard
    A horde!

Andreas

Blog Entries
    11/7/2010 10:37:12 PM Constellation Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
    11/7/2010 10:37:12 PM Constellation Message from server: (Project has no jobs available)

-horn-
    What Happened I have a lot of hungry nodes that Need WU's

What have I done? I created hungry little birds! hehe

back to serious mode:
    Did you read this? http://aerospaceresearch.net/constel...read.php?id=10
    We want to change some things first. It's just a matter of time until we will create new workunits.

Please be patient.
    In the meantime you can use our forums to tell us what you like or want us to change.

Andreas

And now we have a gopher
    where is my shovel!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krVXRCcr2M4

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -horn- View Post
    One of my favourite films... I love the one liners and the ending is really funny. Gopher's ain't dumb
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Blog Entries
    . Gopher's ain't dumb
    Well you proved that How many gopher's can Type on a keyboard