Thread: Primegrid Challenge Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Primegrid Challenge Series

OK, guys, I was the only person who put up some numbers in the last Challenge. This time I want some help.

Starting Nov. 11, 2010 at 1800 UTC (11am Pacific) the next Challenge begins. It only lasts for 24 hours, so we need everyone to be on time. Here's the link, http://www.primegrid.com/challenge/challenge.php.

The only work that counts is work downloaded after the start time and uploaded before the finish time. No stockpiling work and dumping. The Challenge project is the Sophie Germain Prime Search (LLR). These WUs take approximately 21 minutes on a fairly new machine. No GPU work units.

Come join me on Nov. 11 and represent Free-DC!!

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I'll run some as it's only a short challenge..

Great timing, Thursday to Friday. It'll get my support. I see that one of the projects supports Cuda. I'll switch my Nvidia cards over tomorrow and give Laurenu2 another chance of catching me at Milkyway. That should help move the team up through the ranks some. Anyone have any idea how much credit a GTX260 makes?
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

You will need to keep a sharp eye on that cuda app. People have reported a lot of errors with it and it may need a special file.

Dates are wrong. The challenge starts at 18:00 UTC on 17 Nov. until 18:00 UTC 18 Nov.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

Old Fa... BigRed is correct. Nov. 17th for 24 hours doing SGS LLR.

BE THERE!!