Thread: FAQ material added

FAQ material added

i added to the FAQ section of the website:

http://www.seventeenorbust.com/faq/

right now it's links to other resources but I'm sure they will all be of interest to anyone using SB or anyone who follows our project. all good reads if you have time.

enjoy

-Louie

Cool.

I see a typo:

"A reprint of an article by Science Magazine writter Charles Seife"

I think that should be "writer" ?

Speaking of the FAQ, if anyone from the community wants to work with me to do math related questions, I would appreciate it. I lack the knowledge and skill to both understand and explain clearly and accurately the math behind the project.

Also, someone wrote up a 'proof' that K=78557 is a Sierpinski number.

It is aimed at the laymen, or the person with a much lesser math background.

If anyone sees any errors, I would appreciate feedback.

http://www.teamprimerib.com/sob/78557.php

BTW, this was done to help people who are new to the project and the math to sort of get "caught up" and hopefully learn (or remember) a little bit about congruence and proth primes, etc.

writter is fixed. more proof why i'm a mathematician.

-Louie

Talking of typo's there is one on the sieve page as well. Coordiante should be Coordinate

Edit..

And another on the FAQ page.

explainitions should be explanations.

looks like you need an html speel chucker

Edit #2.

discription s/b description

ok. i'll fix those someday.

read the FAQs and articles, not the site spellings.

-Louie

Originally posted by jjjjL
    ok. i'll fix those someday.

read the FAQs and articles, not the site spellings.

-Louie
    Since it seems we're in spelling correction season, may I point out that on the SoB pages, in the logo in the top left corner, it says "Distrubted" attack, instead of "Distributed"?

I thought it was funny to have a typo in your logo, but as we're on the topic of typos, I thought I'd mention it

Originally posted by MAD-ness
    Also, someone wrote up a 'proof' that K=78557 is a Sierpinski number.

It is aimed at the laymen, or the person with a much lesser math background.

If anyone sees any errors, I would appreciate feedback.

http://www.teamprimerib.com/sob/78557.php

There is a formatting problem with sub-proofs B-G on my browser (IE 6.0). All seven pages make prolific use of character 0xA0 which should be non-breaking-space, but shows up as A-Curcumflex. If I save those pages without your sytle sheet they work fine, but adding your sytle sheet breaks them. Maybe it is because I don't have a necessary font or symbol set.

In any case sub-proof A works fine because it uses $nbsp; instead of 0xA0. IMHO extra spaces are usually a waste, but at least please consider changing them to $nbsp.

DP

Wink FAQ U

great, FAQ page works now. So how about adding something about technical stuff such as

- using multiple computers (home networks and things)

- what things mean (what is a block, what do the things the program reports back mean [completed proth test: result 3])

- improving the 17 or bust performance (lesson 1; turn the screensaver and energy management bits in Windows off)