Thread: W xp DF service client

W xp DF service client

I have one machine that I have installed the client as a service on 86a and the service starts upon reboot but does not do any thing.
    I had been running the 96a and previous ver's on this same machine as services with no problems.
    What should I be looking for?

- the service client starts on reboot it's priority is set at normal instead of low.
    -When I use dfgui to shut the service client down it deletes the foldrite.lock file but the client doesn't stop?
    -When I stop the service using task manager and restart using dfgui it runs normally?
    Last edited by cygnussphere; 03-01-2003 at 04:33 PM.

try stopping the service (kill it or whatever) and run foldit from the command line. Then you will see the error/whatever is causing the trouble.
    Howard Feldman

After uninstalling the client as a service I took the comand line from the foldit.bat
    foldtrajlite -f protein -n native -df -rt
    and ran from the command line and this is what I got.

Handle found. Using (handle). To change, hit 'c' and wait 5 seconds...[NULL_caption] FATAL ERROR: [067:001] FindPath failed in LoadDict Hit Return

Sounds like you need a re-download and re-install in that case, you seem to be missing file(s) perhaps. You probably did a 'del *.val', didn't you...
    Howard Feldman

I didn't change anything and this morning when I booted the puter it started as a service normally... wierd
    I ran it through reboot three times and it started normally.

never mind I guess

Thanks for the help Howard

/bump

just had the same thing happen on my W2000 machine.