Thread: well it is just an idea ...

Question well it is just an idea ...

I am not an egghead like you lot so I use my PC for games sometimes. Even more immature; I have a Playstation 2.

Now looking at the PS2 I couldn't help but wonder; it is a computer that has USB connectors and is to get a harddisk and modem (this being Europe I am still waiting for those to come out). Now it isn't a particularly impressive machine hardware wise, but still .... could it not be made to work on the Proth testing too ?

The X BOX was made to run Linux, in many respects it is a PC in an ugly box. Not that I have one, but I do wonder if - as it can do Linux - it could be made to do 17orbust-ing ? If it could be made to do that I'd seriously consider buying one as it is rfelatively cheap (your buying one costs Microsoft money you know )

Meanwhile I have an abacus and a notepad next to the PC so that numbercrunching will continue in case of a power failure

if you can get linux running on a xbox, then all you have to do is run the linux-sob client, don't you? Maybe not, just a guess, I've just used xboxes for games
    EatMaDust

Stop Microsoft turning into Big Brother!
    http://www.againsttcpa.com

Re: well it is just an idea ...

AFAIR Sony is selling a Linux kit for the PS2...?

Othello

Sieve it, baby!
    That's right, but the PS2 is no x86 computer, so AFAIK SoB won't run.
    On the X-Box, it *should* work...