Thread: Gtx470 = 448 cuda's

Question Gtx470 = 448 cuda's

Many hours ago i did install a new NVIDIA cards
    I try cruching Milkyway, then calcul error, so i try all others Boinc with NVDIA projects ...same thing.. Now i am thinking ''WHAT'S MISSING'' , i need to go sleep before i go nuts..
    I hope someones know how to configure the $?&* cards.
    Last edited by Luc Gauthier; 11-27-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Try updating the cards drivers that happens a lot By the time you buy the card the drivers have gone though a couple versions upgrads

Quote Originally Posted by Luc Gauthier View Post
    Many hours ago i did install a new NVIDIA cards
    I try cruching Milkyway, then calcul error, so i try all others Boinc with NVDIA projects ...same thing.. Now i am thinking ''WHAT'S MISSING'' , i need to go sleep before i go nuts..
    I hope someones know how to configure the $?&* cards.
    Nice card but a correction is in order. Cuda is the technologie that lets us crunch with it. Your card has 448 shaders.

Now the questions.
    1. How many watts is the power supply? That card by itself pulls 215w.
    2.Which Driver Version? Get the latest from Nvidia.
    3. Which Boinc version? You want 6.10.56 or newer.
    4. Do you have .NET installed and which version? Some projects require it.
    5. Which other projects did you try? Give Collatz a try as it is a very easy to run project.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

Thumbs up

Hello BIGRED & LAURENU2
    Yes your both right !!! Here the cut and paste from NVIDEA Spec
    GPU Engine Specs:
    CUDA Cores 448 -Graphics Clock (MHz) 607 MHz-Processor Clock (MHz) 1215 MHz-Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 34.0-Memory Specs:-Memory Clock (MHz) 1674-Standard Memory Config 1280 MB GDDR5
    Memory Interface Width 320-bit Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 133.9
    Or http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...tx_470_us.html
    Questions - Answers.
    1. Yes i have a 450watts but like you mean the card require 550 watts minimum, so tomorrow another spending
    2.& 3 Done , last boinc & Drivers too .
    4. For the .NET version that is Chinesse with me , to be honest i am learning day by day but .net i don't know what it is!!!( help needs..)
    5. Yes , right now like you mention i did connect to Collatz , and it takes around 10 minutes each.
    So , before writing this text , i check your 5 points and it's done,, i am good student éh...
    I am glad to had join the Team and thank's for the welcoming, i really do appreciate (at the same time i hope to increase my english skill..i am french from quebec..)
    Position in the team around RK33 & rac 5000,(gone go up fast) but to be with you guys in THE Best team on Earth, i will do my best to increase day by day and significantly ..
    BTW, thank's again if that card is good , i plan to bult some new computer, now knowing that CPU & GPU is to different things and very important it change totally the way i will construct the next ''Crunch Machine''
    Regards
    Luc
    Member of THE TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by Luc Gauthier View Post
    Hello BIGRED & LAURENU2
    Yes your both right !!! Here the cut and paste from NVIDEA Spec
    GPU Engine Specs:
    CUDA Cores 448 -Graphics Clock (MHz) 607 MHz-Processor Clock (MHz) 1215 MHz-Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 34.0-Memory Specs:-Memory Clock (MHz) 1674-Standard Memory Config 1280 MB GDDR5
    Memory Interface Width 320-bit Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 133.9
    Or http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...tx_470_us.html
    Questions - Answers.
    1. Yes i have a 450watts but like you mean the card require 550 watts minimum, so tomorrow another spending
    2.& 3 Done , last boinc & Drivers too .
    4. For the .NET version that is Chinesse with me , to be honest i am learning day by day but .net i don't know what it is!!!( help needs..)
    5. Yes , right now like you mention i did connect to Collatz , and it takes around 10 minutes each.
    So , before writing this text , i check your 5 points and it's done,, i am good student éh...
    I am glad to had join the Team and thank's for the welcoming, i really do appreciate (at the same time i hope to increase my english skill..i am french from quebec..)
    Position in the team around RK33 & rac 5000,(gone go up fast) but to be with you guys in THE Best team on Earth, i will do my best to increase day by day and significantly ..
    BTW, thank's again if that card is good , i plan to bult some new computer, now knowing that CPU & GPU is to different things and very important it change totally the way i will construct the next ''Crunch Machine''
    Regards
    Luc
    Member of THE TEAM
    What you have is a FERMI card and it is truely awesom. Go with a 650w to 700w power supply. You wont have to replace it so often. Go to microsoft.com and search for .NET3.5SP1 and install it on your computer. In the Boinc Manager attach to Prime Grid. Under PG preferences select Cuda Gpu and deselect ATI and CPU. Go down and select PPS sieve as the only project and you should be the top producing team member foe now on this project. Trust me, your English is much better than My German and I've been here on and off for 35 years. Questions, problems, just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    What you have is a FERMI card and it is truely awesom. Go with a 650w to 700w power supply. You wont have to replace it so often. Go to microsoft.com and search for .NET3.5SP1 and install it on your computer. In the Boinc Manager attach to Prime Grid. Under PG preferences select Cuda Gpu and deselect ATI and CPU. Go down and select PPS sieve as the only project and you should be the top producing team member foe now on this project. Trust me, your English is much better than My German and I've been here on and off for 35 years. Questions, problems, just ask.
    WOW , TOMORROW MORNING = First thing first
    Thank's again BIGRED

Looks like you got it sorted out.