Thread: Checking exponent status

Checking exponent status

How do I check the status of an exponent (sorry if this is a stupid q)? I've been changing PCs around and realised my exponent 10223*2^17899397+1 hasn't been updated in just under 2 months - thought check-in would be 2 months and that I'd just make it - oops, it's not mine anymore. So how would I see if a result had been submitted by another user?
    Thanks in advance.

I am actually not sure how to check status of a specific exponent, maybe only Louie or one of the other admins can do that.

But I wouldn't me too worried if I was you, even if someone else has submitted a result already you (or the other person doing the test) is just making an early double check which has to be done at some point anyhow, so just continue your crunching of the exponent and let the client submit the result it will be useful for the project no matter what.

Hiya Frodo - thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if I will finish it off, as my PC is way too slow and it still needs a good 150 hours work yet! I suspect someone with more power has already completed it, and if so, a double check is possibly not so valuable to the project as a first time test, particularly if before the dc is completed one of the series is found to be prime! I'm still running along on a P4 2.26GHz!!!

Generally, when you move a work unit to another PC, especially with a different IP, I find that you will not see any updates except for the stats under "Overall" under User Statistics. There have been times where I've had to move work around due to inadequate progress. I've looked into this before (if this is, indeed, the same problem) but couldn't figure it out.

Sounds interesting imwithid - I think mine is just a timeout tho as this is the same PC (reinstalled OS) same IP address. I think timeout must be around 90 days, and one of my comms didn't get through - I popped my number into google and there was a cached list saying I was on the 'not seen for 90 days' - damn I'm bad! O well never mind.

Checking on an exponent

I have an old P4 1.4ghz that runs 8 hours a day at another site. I finally got to check it today and it has not submitted a block since Oct 15, 2010. It is running client 2.5.0 on WinXP. The error is

Could not resolve hostname -- block added to submit queue

I tried switching from sb.pns.net to other hosts listed in the forum.. no good. Is there some way to save these months of work? It last checked in at 56% and is now upto 87%

It's not a firewall issue. This machine is a direct connect to the net!

The values are k=24737, n=13634023

Thanks for any help!

A little more info...

I moved the incomplete test to another box with a much faster P4 (copy SB folder and the registry entries). Same error What is the right hostname and port for the old dedicated 2.5.0 client?

It should be sb.pns.net, port 1717. I just tried it here and it's not working for me either. This page shows that there's been no activity from any old clients in at least 24 hours: http://seventeenorbust.com/stats/byOS.mhtml so the server must be down. I can't imagine it's been down since October and it's just been noticed now, though... This is the first I've heard of problems with the old client :/

Quote Originally Posted by enderak View Post
    It should be sb.pns.net, port 1717. I just tried it here and it's not working for me either. This page shows that there's been no activity from any old clients in at least 24 hours: http://seventeenorbust.com/stats/byOS.mhtml so the server must be down. I can't imagine it's been down since October and it's just been noticed now, though... This is the first I've heard of problems with the old client :/
    This exponent does not appear in my pending tests list (that I could revoke the test for). It's at 97% now. I'll let it almost finish and copy the data somewhere and get a new exponent. If the new one does not return blocks I'll know it is the server. Is there a place I can look for exponents that are currently checked out? thanks

I e-mailed Louie, and he was able to fix the problem. You may have to close the client and restart it to get it to be able to connect to the server again (I had to).

Quote Originally Posted by enderak View Post
    I e-mailed Louie, and he was able to fix the problem. You may have to close the client and restart it to get it to be able to connect to the server again (I had to).
    It 'magically' starting working now. I had like 3500 blocks completed and queued, but it only took a 'instant' to report them all. I hope nothing was lost in all these months. Thanks for helping