Thread: More of a complaint than a bug on Beta 3

More of a complaint than a bug on Beta 3

When running the screensaver version and watching it for a little while a few things started to bug me. First the four options at the bottom of the screen please make them stationary its kind of weird having them move around like that. Also include options like quit so you don't have to move your mouse and upload at anytime option. Also when it is running the actual protein, the protein starts moving with the options and the other words at the bottom. After watching it for awhile I started to get kind of dizzy. This is not good if people are watching it for the art trying to keep everything straight when everything is moving around not in the same direction.

This is probably a bug or my computer. When I double click on the screensaver icon the scrren goes blank and then reappears with what was there when I double click on the icon; then about 5-15 seconds later it goes balck again and then starts the program. It then spends about 30-40 seconds on the updating rotatmer library which can get kind of boring. Then the four options appear on the screen and start moving that lasts about 15-30 seconds before it starts working on the protein. But mainly its the first part that really bugs me.

Also do NOT I repeat do not move and drag unless paused if you do not pause first you will exit if you move it off the screen like I did.

I run Windows 98, I both have System and System32 so that got me confused first. Can't seem to find any information about my video card or how fast my computer is. If I do I will edit this post.

Ni

the buttons moving are very intentional. if they didn't, the graphics would/could burn into your screen.

the purpose of a screensaver is to prevent this.

But do this actual proteins have to move around like they have to many cups of coffee. I swear my eye is still twichting after watching that. It was moving and zooming in and out at the same time.

Thanks for that clarification.

Ni

I think that the system or system32 directory is under another one called command and is not a direct subdirectory of the Windows directory (if I remember correctly).
    Team Anandtech DF!

win9x, win2k, and winxp all have

c:\windows\system
    c:\windows\system32

or
    c:\winnt\system
    c:\winnt\system32

(depending on what you named your windows directory and which drive you put it on).
    windows\command is the location of all the dos style programs that used to be in c:\dos (at least from dos 3.3-dos 6.22) or updated versions of the old utilities - deltree, format, fdisk, scandisk, etc.