This has been long on my plate to implement and I finally got round to getting it started last week and have put it live in it's current (rough) fashion.

I'd asked the boinc dev team a few years ago if they would implement it server side but that's never been done so I've taken it upon my self to make up the rules! We can change them as we go along if there is enough interest.

So, this is a means of belonging to a team whilst also grouping together, logically, with other members of your team. The L'Alliance Francophone have been doing it for a few years by setting their names to contain the subteam/division within square brackets. All I'm doing now is parsing the name from the xml, if it contains square brackets, I take the data from within and populate a 'subteam' field. From that, I rollup to the combined user's subteam based on the majority of names and then combined data from each user in proj/team/subteam is generated. This is also then rolled up into a combined team/subteam table.

Fairly simplistic. There is a drilldown on the teambycpid page to list subteams for that team, and further drilldowns to list users and a project breakdown.

It's NOT finished Most of the backend database/scripting is working but I haven't spent too much time on the frontend at all.

There is a facility to have a 'subteam description' on the pages for each subteam. This is a mimic of the boinc team description which can be entered at each project page which then gets exported via xml to the stats sites. As that mechanism is not available to us, this will be a manual effort right now. If anyone wants to provide me with a description in bbcode/html with a picture or just linked to one, feel free to do it here or via PM/email. The first one was from a SETI.USA subteam named BlackOps with an image you can see in the link..