Thread: Stopping Prime95 Neatly

Stopping Prime95 Neatly

If I don't want to start any more new tests in Prime95 how do I tell it to just finish the tasks it's got and then stop?

I think if you edit prime.txt and change DaysOfWork=1 to =0 I believe it would not pick up another wu. Or you can just delete the new wu and cancel it manually.

I didn't have a DaysOfWork=1 entry so I've put it on there now and I'll see what happens

Matt

I think it will work. This computer is not picking up another wu when I changed the setting. It normally would pick up another wu when it hits 82%. It is now at 90% done.

Yes, DaysOfWork=0 will work - the only thing I don't know is if you have to restart Prime95 if you change prime.txt manually. Usually I change this setting through the GUI menu so no restart is required. Any one know for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by enderak View Post
    Yes, DaysOfWork=0 will work - the only thing I don't know is if you have to restart Prime95 if you change prime.txt manually. Usually I change this setting through the GUI menu so no restart is required. Any one know for sure?
    When I changed my prime.txt I stopped Prime95 first. When I restarted it, it did not pick up another wu. I imagine if you want to get another wu, you must change the prime.txt and start Prime95 again. Otherwise it will complete the wu and stop, unless the ws reboots prior to completion and I imagine it will just sit there unless restarted manually.