Thread: Project credit / point score comparison Excel spreadsheet available

Project credit / point score comparison Excel spreadsheet available

Rumor has it that, of all projects, either Aqua or Collatz returns more points per unit time. Which? I created a simple ss to track accumulated totals for ANY two projects across time to detect just this. I'd like to post it somewhere in 'forum space' so that others can use / evaluate it. Is there way for me to upload / share this ss without my having to email / attach to all interested members?

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    You can email it to me if you like and I'll post it. Or why don't you put it into a public google spreadsheet and post the link instead? That way people without Office/OpenOffice can read it too and you can still continue to make changes..

Bok, thx. I think I'd rather have you post it if you would. But, newbie here... WHAT is YOUR email??? Thanks, Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by dwdockins View Post
    Rumor has it that, of all projects, either Aqua or Collatz returns more points per unit time. Which? I created a simple ss to track accumulated totals for ANY two projects across time to detect just this. I'd like to post it somewhere in 'forum space' so that others can use / evaluate it. Is there way for me to upload / share this ss without my having to email / attach to all interested members?
    First let me say the comparison SS is a good idea for individuals to make their own assessment. You can attach it to a message posted here though. Just zip it and then start a message here and go Advanced. If you scroll down past the normal text area, there is a section called Additional Options. There you can manage attachments.

It is almost impossible to say project x gives more credit than project y. Some run better on a particular brand of CPU. Some have a preferred flavor of OS. There are some exceptions. If you run a Nvidia GPU the best credit is at Primegrid. As an example a GTX260 will earn about 130,000 a day compared to about 30,000 anywhere else. If you run an ATI GPU the best credit is at Milkyway but it has stability issues and a lot of time there is no work available. This results in the numbers being lower than the maximum possible.

For a good comparison of the credit earned checkout this page. To use your example, click on the number where the two projects meet and you will see this graph which clearly shows which one is higher. One thing to keep in mind is that is based on CPUs and averaged across all computers and operating systems. Your systems may do better or worse.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

Bigred, 'the comparison SS is a good idea for individuals to make their own assessment'. Cool advice.

That is precisely the virtue of this ss. YOU track YOUR results about YOUR system. It doesn't matter what other users or other systems or the comparisons you can find in some of those giant charts you can find on the web. I got so confused about the claims / allegations concerning which projects are THE superior point accumulators, I realized the only way to sort it out was for me to track my own daily results. Whatever YOUR platform, OS, clock speed, cards, CPU, yada, yada, what is important is the results YOU are getting with YOUR current setup.

Having said that, I can't get Google Spreadsheets to accept my ss upload - keep getting a 'Server rejected' message, apparently a global problem with many clients. Also unsure how I would 'zip' a file. Cutting through it all, couldn't I just email attach this ss to SOMEONE who could process it and post it for me? Trying to folks a favor but the overhead involved in trying to accomplish it is a worse effort than constructing the spreadsheet! Thanks.

btw, Aqua looks like it is going to pull way ahead of Collatz (on MY system, of course) - and that is exactly what I wanted to know.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, we traded a few emails the other week, I thought you'd just use that, but if you look at the bottom of the forum there is a 'contact us', that address will get to me

Blog Entries
    I couldn't convert it to a google spreadsheet either ad don't have time to look at the formatting, so I saved it as a webpage and uploaded that..

BOINC credit comparison

Experiencing newbie frustration... I just wanted to post this ss somewhere that ANYONE can just download it and play with it themselves, formulas and all; it works so fine for me. Am having TERRIBLE problems with 'Google Spreadsheets'... the thing sure doesn't work the way it is advertised and is WAY too complicated for what I wanted to do. Surely others have wanted to share a ss and have done this before. Please don't make me re-invent this wheel! WHERE can I post a ss that is then easily dl-able by anyone without destroying the formulas? I don't want to go the individual email attach route. THANKS!

Blog Entries

Whoa, Nellie! That link works fine. At first I was nonplussed because the link gave me a blank screen, but then I noticed the clone had been dl to my desktop, formulas and all, great for individual tweaking. I'll gladly accept all sugg / crit, if any. THANKS an a HAT TIP!!! You guys do good work, much appreciated. - D.