Thread: Client startup error

Question Client startup error

Hello everyone,
    I have a little problem with SB client. I am getting this error when I start it:

"There was an error reading the SB working directory from the registry. The installer stores this value normally so please reinstall.
    If you don't SB may crash or loose the cashe files."

I click "Ok" and "start" and clinet starts working.....

How can I fix it and how can I reinstall a client? There is no option to remove it?

I am running client for dual CPU pashine.

And also my CPU usage was only 50%, so I've tried running 2 clients and got 100%... is it a right way of doing it?

Thanks in advance,

Vctr

Belarus team

To properly run the client on a dual CPU machine you have to do the following:

Dual CPU machine instructions

Detailed instructions for one way to run duallies (for those that want them):

1. Install the regular client.
    2. Now, from the 17OB home page, click on the SMP client link and copy it to the same folder that the original client was installed to.
    3. Run the regular client (configure it, start it).
    4. To start the SMP client, I just went to the folder and dbl clicked on the executable. You'll have 2 windows, both will be labled "17 SB vx.x.x" (the version number)

Thanks to Prokaryote for these instructions.
    It can be a bit touchy, how you install it, so hopefully someone who actually uses dual CPUs will be able to come along and help out.

Also, you might look into trying the service package that Mathguy created which can be found here:

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...&threadid=2719

Make sure to read the instructions there though, there are a lot of options that you can use.