Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Rollin Rollin Rollin...

Blog Entries
    Congratulation to everone! Team Free-DC OGR-24 on postition 50 (totals) and 2 in yesterdays production!

Did the OGR-24 competition finish? Because I get more OGR-25's than OGR-24's from proxy.dp.cx

Stibnite, which proxy is your proxy connecting to for getting workunits?
    the-mk

The orginal OGR-24 run only took a few months back in 2000, this was just a limited verification run as dnet "lost" part of thier database for the OGR-24 project. One of the reasons I suggested we build a deep cache of OGR-24 stubs. At this point they have released all that they plan to verify and those with a deep cache will continue to climb in the stats unchallenged.

Watching the stats for the last couple of days suggests the DPC, ourselves and maybe one or two others are the only one's to build a large cache.

the-mk, Chinasaur you have PM

Last edited by Beyond; 04-20-2003 at 10:02 AM.
    -:Beyond:-

2003-04-20 17:52:25,ogr r=20058/200000, d=0/50, 0.0 Mnodes/sec, tot=25340/18856 stubs

And I guess that's all the 24's I'm gonna get.

By my estimate, between 15,000 and 18,000 24's remain in cache.

As for where I point, THAT INFORMATION IS GIVEN OUT ON A NEED-TO-KNOW BASIS!!!

However, I define that term very loosely, so here goes:
    I'm clinically insane, so periodically I traceroute each of the servers in the us.v29.distributed.net round-robin, and then reorder them with weights assigned by preference (I look for availability and latency). I then put together a weighted round-robin that I point to internally. After that I usually get some coffee.

A question for you (plural):

What time should I force a flush of the queue?

Originally posted by the-mk
    Did the OGR-24 competition finish? Because I get more OGR-25's than OGR-24's from proxy.dp.cx
    Sigh, This probably means that my estimate above is inaccurate. We may have far fewer OGR-24 stubs left than I thought.

Originally posted by stibnite
    Sigh, This probably means that my estimate above is inaccurate. We may have far fewer OGR-24 stubs left than I thought.
    If you will PM me I can point you to where there is just about the amount you estimated.

The ideal situtation would be for you to pull 12-13k OGR-24 stubs from my proxy for distributing back out to the team. That way we can continue climbing the ranks quickly and hopefully finish off this project and move on to OGR-25 again. And let's not forget our sister team RC-5 that could use a little help too.
    Last edited by Beyond; 04-20-2003 at 04:04 PM.

let's not forget our sister team RC-5
    ahh, too many teams! but I'm going to make sure I help DP with ZetaGrid after the OGR assault has completed it's mission. He did help us out and I promised to help if he helped us.

OGR-24 Stats - Tuesday 21, April 2003

Team Free-DC is #44 and AGAIN #2 top production

Very good work all

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

not bad at all considering we also held out as #30 in yesterday's production in OGR-25 as well

Originally posted by magnav0x
    not bad at all considering we also held out as #30 in yesterday's production in OGR-25 as well
    Hah!! Great!!!

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

So what's that, 5 days at #2 in the daily production for the team!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations to everyone!

We broke the 400-barrier on OGR-25 and moving towards Top 100!

Five days long at #2 in daily productions is great! Would be interesting how long it takes to beat the Dutch Power Cows in their daily production

Congratulations again!

Free-DC
    the-mk

be interesting how long it takes to beat the Dutch Power Cows in their daily production
    If our OGR-24 cache is larger than theirs we may have the glory of being #1 in daily production there before long

If our OGR-24 cache is larger than theirs we may have the glory of being #1 in daily production there before long
    I think i can safely say: Keep dreaming
    ..:: [DPC] Team ColdFusion ::..

OGR-24 : Tuesday April 22, 2003

We are #41 today and #2 in overall production again for the sixth day.

Absolutely BADASS!!

Grabed from the DPC site:

Wat doet FreeDC nu weer hier? Gefeli met de maalpijl BVD, tis een mooie.
    What's it say! What's it say!?

I figure it the first line says something along the lines of "What is Free-DC doing here?" Just a guess

"What does FreeDC here now again? Gefeli with the time arrow Dutch Secret Service, tis a beautiful. "
    Automated transalation
    rm -Rf /

I think I'm a bit more confused than when I first attempted to analyze it myself

"Wat doet FreeDC nu weer hier? Gefeli met de maalpijl BVD, tis een mooie."

What does FreeDC think they are doing here? Get a hold of their BVD's, we'll give them a wedgie"

Haha, I think I like these guys

Originally posted by Beyond
    If you will PM me I can point you to where there is just about the amount you estimated.

The ideal situtation would be for you to pull 12-13k OGR-24 stubs from my proxy for distributing back out to the team.
    Sorry, I'm late to return to this thread! I got busy, and not in the good way.

I AM ALL FOR IT!

As of today, I'm handing out mostly OGR-25 stubs, so here's my idea:
    1) I stop proxy and set aside my OGR queues (after flushing results, of course)
    2) I point at your cache, and begin a fresh OGR queue containing the 24 stubs. I configure the proxy not to obtain any new stubs. I watch the queue level vigilantly.
    3) Once the queue empties, I stop the proxy, put the old OGR queue back in place, and start it back up again.

What do you think? Beyond: I've enabled PM's, so please PM me with details if interested.

I see your schwartz is as big as mine.

Sounds like a plan...Pm will follow shortly.

chooooo choooo!

Next time the servers start to hand out OGR-24's I'll be sure to set my buffer level to 1,000,000 and grab them all

chooooo choooo!

Next time the servers start to hand out OGR-24's I'll be sure to set my buffer level to 1,000,000 and grab them all
    Now that sounds like a plan.

I would have grabbed more but did not realize have fast we would run through them until it was to late.

If you would, and do not mind too much reset your clients to stibnite's proxy, he is going to pull the majority of the stubs from my proxy soon.

aye aye captian!

The pilgrimage, she is underway.
    irc.free-dc.org #lobby

I would highly suggest against pulling mass amounts of OGR-24 stubs to a pproxy, it is extremely detrimental to the project in general. We're trying to get OGR-24 closed down for good, not trying to drag it out for years on end.

Originally posted by TheJet
    I would highly suggest against pulling mass amounts of OGR-24 stubs to a pproxy, it is extremely detrimental to the project in general. We're trying to get OGR-24 closed down for good, not trying to drag it out for years on end.
    In this case, we are simply relocating stubs already fetched from a dnet proxy in order to more quickly accomplish that goal.
    irc.free-dc.org #lobby

You'd be better off to dump all the stubs completely (since you risk doing mass quantities of duplicate work) and start fresh.

GD It Stibnite!~! Don't take them all!!! I'm pulling from Beyonds cache...I dont need to go resetting my boxes again :|punch|:

So I have to reset to stib's proxy? As of what time EST or PST?

Anyway, I will probably be shutting down for a week on Friday as I'm going on vacation... so at least I'll have some 24's when I get back Be gone a week.

I'm pulling 24's from stibnite already Chinasaur

....btw should we start a pool on how many pages this thread will aquire before it's done with?

You'd be better off to dump all the stubs completely (since you risk doing mass quantities of duplicate work) and start fresh.
    Hmmm...all of these stubs were pulled within the last week or 2, at current rate of production we should finish them off in the next 4-5 days, then again perhaps you are worried we would overtake TBR before we finish?

then again perhaps you are worried we would overtake TBR before we finish?

very nice

Originally posted by Chinasaur
    GD It Stibnite!~! Don't take them all!!! I'm pulling from Beyonds cache...I dont need to go resetting my boxes again :|punch|:

So I have to reset to stib's proxy? As of what time EST or PST?

Anyway, I will probably be shutting down for a week on Friday as I'm going on vacation... so at least I'll have some 24's when I get back Be gone a week.
    There are still plenty on my proxy Chinasaur, I will be switiching some of my machines to a second proxy I'm running, no need to make the change over if it is too much trouble.

I (in truth) couldn't care less about whether or not you guys pass TBR in OGR-24 (or 25 for that matter), if you can come up with the firepower to do so, more power to you.

What I am saying is that pulling down 1M+ OGR-24 stubs (note, that I don't know exactly how many you guys have atm) and only churning out 25K/day means you won't finish the bunch for well over a month, which could cause the project to take much longer than necessary. Besides the fact that it is frowned upon by the d.net team, since you're basically defeating the master key server's ability to properly allocate sections of the stubspace. Those same 1M+ blocks (if distributed normally) could be completed in 2 days by the entire network.

TheJet

rofl, hey TheJet we didn't pull 1million, we have just enough to last us a few days.

I (in truth) couldn't care less about whether or not you guys pass TBR in OGR-24 (or 25 for that matter), if you can come up with the firepower to do so, more power to you.

What I am saying is that pulling down 1M+ OGR-24 stubs (note, that I don't know exactly how many you guys have atm) and only churning out 25K/day means you won't finish the bunch for well over a month, which could cause the project to take much longer than necessary. Besides the fact that it is frowned upon by the d.net team, since you're basically defeating the master key server's ability to properly allocate sections of the stubspace. Those same 1M+ blocks (if distributed normally) could be completed in 2 days by the entire network.

TheJet
    Sorry TheJet it was meant as a joke, having run OGR-25/RC-5 for TBR for a while (enough to be on the front page of the stats) I know as well as you that we cannot compete at that level,yet.

I understand what you are saying about amassing large caches, but we are not DPC, far from it. So I believe we have cached a reasonable amount considering what other's cache on a regular basis. If stibnite had been able to connect sooner (no fault on his part) we would have already run our cache dry, but as it turned out half the team was getting OGR-25 stubs. Now that it has been corrected we should run thru them in short order.

stibnite, I believe the tank is filled as soon as I hear that you have changed your proxy back to flush to the main keyservers I will change mine back to flush to your proxy.

Thanks for the 'heads up' TJ!!!

Yeah, its done. i pulled about 7500 stubs , and will be serving up the old queue when these are gone.

As of now, the proxy is pointed back at the normal d.net keyservers.
    irc.free-dc.org #lobby

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast