Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Rollin Rollin Rollin...

-:Beyond:-

I guess just to be clear, I should remind everyone that the number of stubs is very small as compared to the actual work that comes out of them. For instance (and I don't know the real numbers here), for those 7500 stubs:

If the average number of GNodes/stub is 150, then you've got 45 days worth of work for your network in that group. If it's ~75 GNodes/stub, you've still got 3 weeks worth.

Can you imagine what 1M stubs would take?

TheJet

I think 1 million would allow us to crunch OGR for years to come Just think we could hand our stubs down to our children....and great children....I smell a new family tradition

Sorry folks for being away so long. Its just that I have been having a really busy schedule this week and thankfully, I am over it already.

Now, back to more interesting stuff. OGR - 24/25!

It seems that DPC has noticed our climb up the ranks and I personally think that they are worried. After all, we are the Free-DC team!

So lets crunch on and show the DPC what we are made out off!

Also, I haven't had a single OGR-24 stub for a long long time now but I have continually contribute to the OGR - 25 side! So for you guys/gals on the 24 side, keep em going ok.

PY 222, we have missed your posting on the board, but been watching with keen interest your continued rise in the OGR-25 standings. Hats off to those that have kept the OGR-25 statistics climbing for the team. An invaluable effort, moving the team up at least 20 places while the rest of us have been attacking on the OGR-24 front.

As OGR-24 tapers off in the next few days we will be re-joining the rest of the team for the push towards top 100 in OGR-25.

OGR-24 - Thursday April 24th, 2003

41st place again, and #2 production again...broken record

Cya'll in a week.

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

OGR- 25 - Thursday April 24th, 2003

WOOT!

Team Free-DC has moved up 3 places in OGR - 25! We are currently at position #380.

Lets push to Top 100 people. Come on, give her all she's got

P/S: Chinasaur, have a good vacation and be safe ok!

Re: OGR-24 - Thursday April 24th, 2003

Originally posted by Chinasaur
    41st place again, and #2 production again...broken record

Cya'll in a week.

Have fun, get some rest and we will leave the light on for you!

I have just added a Celeron 1.8GHz into OGR - 25! So, hopefully that will pump up the production a little more.

Just out of curiosity....when the new DF client comes out, which of the great OGR crunching team will be returning to DF. Personally I'm just here to help out until the new DF client is ready, but after OGR I will help with Zetagrid for a while before heading back to DF.

I will be in OGR - 25 until we have accomplish the mission that we have set, that is Top 100 of the Team ranks.

After that, I might try out different projects. ZetaGrid does sound tempting, thanks to DP for pointing this project out for me!

Unfortunately, DF is the only project that I cannot crunch under the Free-DC banner because I am actually a team leader for another team, Team ARP, currently ranked 35 or 36! I have been with them since the start and I am very close to them. So, I actually have 3 machines running DF without the -rt switch folding proteins for this team!

Originally posted by PY 222
    Unfortunately, DF is the only project that I cannot crunch under the Free-DC banner because I am actually a team leader for another team, Team ARP, currently ranked 35 or 36! I have been with them since the start and I am very close to them. So, I actually have 3 machines running DF without the -rt switch folding proteins for this team!
    Bah! Bring em with you!

Interesting times we live, eh!

New client, new stats for DF, Genome, DPAD, and Seti in the very near future. The possiblities of our team to grab the lead in anyone one of these projects is good. The problem being which one(s) to concentrate on?

I like several of the projects so the decision to run one over the other will be hard to make.

Originally posted by IronBits
    Bah! Bring em with you!
    I have a little over 125 million shurbs, but like I have mentioned, it aint going nowhere. Sorry IB.

Beyond, I like the way you think. If we can concentrate our firepower onto a single project, I believe we could do alot of damage. Then again, it would be against the principles of what Free-DC is all about, being free to do what he or she wishes.

I generally will go to where the action is and if they have good stats. That is my only two concerns.

Originally posted by PY 222
    I have a little over 125 million shurbs, but like I have mentioned, it aint going nowhere. Sorry IB.
    To clarify my horrible attempt to be 'cute', I wasn't talking about the points, I was referring to your whole team, but after we switch to the new DF client.
    and I was only kidding
    I never try to recruit. You are here because you want to be, and that's what I like.

At current rate of production I will have exhausted the OGR-24 stubs on my proxy by tomorrow evening so I have decided to split the work between OGR and RC5. The reasoning behind this move is that our sister team in RC5 is beginning to lose some ground and could really use the help.

OGR-24

Congrats to the team for #2 production again

Borged two computers at friends vacation house

Never pass up the opportunity to allow your friends to contribute to your overall total.

Proj On!!

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Chinasaur, way to go man! I love a friend that does not let other friend's idle CPU cycles go to waste!

return of the queue

rc5.aau.cx she does return!

2003-04-30 07:52:46,ogr r=1875/0, d=24/40, 953.5 Mnodes/sec, tot=67/24 stubs

wang!
    irc.free-dc.org #lobby

Don't tell me this thread is showing signs of death

2003-04-30 19:46:03,ogr r=1795/0, d=3/10, 224.1 Mnodes/sec, tot=147/365 stubs
    irc.free-dc.org #lobby

surely not!

I too will probably return my linux cpu's (5) to DF when the new core comes out.

I will leave the Mac's on OGR as they aren't powerful enough to run OS X for DF...

Didn't mean to scare ya too bad stib Had my home machine crunching offline.

I am still around.

Its just that I feel this thread is growing a little to long. So why don't we move whatever OGR - 25 stuff to the Rollin on OGR - 25 and let this thread die a natural death.

Roll on babes....

Actualy I was thinking maybe a stats page for the thread It's gotta be some kinda record for Free-DC to say the least!

8 pages worth of OGR goodness... is definitely a record

Now leave this thread alone!

Shhhooooooooo

Move along, move along, nothing to see, it's all over

You guys are slacking on the OGR24s

Angus #5 overall yesterday !! 5735 GNodes :shocked:

on the home stretch

2003-05-01 17:08:04,ogr r=243/0, d=14/10, 325.5 Mnodes/sec, tot=1699/1928 stubs

SHE WILL SOON BE DONE WITH THEEES 24 STUBBINGK
    irc.free-dc.org #lobby

you hear that? they're almost gone!
    irc.free-dc.org #lobby

Blog Entries
    how many stubs do we have to crunch through?
    the-mk

The cache of OGR-24 stubs is now gone.

I've momentarily stopped the proxy, long enough to put the older cache back into service.
    irc.free-dc.org #lobby

Oh man..that's a stone drag

My little 233Mhz iMac has been happily running along on it's stumpy little legs doing 24's, and now I gotta tell it -

"Oh sorry little guy..but you can't crunch 25's cause only the big guys can do them? You just use too much electricity for the return"

YOU come here and tell the little Bondi Blue guy he's got to go to bed

Last edited by Chinasaur; 05-01-2003 at 02:51 PM.

Its time to let the little bugger go run free in computer haven.

No point in torturing it anymore Chinasaur

I will give up my little iMac buddy when they pry the $700 electric bill from my cold, dead fingers!!

==
    Ted Nugent - Writing On The Wall
    ==

Blog Entries
    OGR-24 stats:
    - total rank: 38 (+2)
    - yesterdays rank: 2 (again )

Anywhere OGR-24-stubs in any cache? At least we could climb upwards to 37 if we had 3,000 GNodes...

Great job done! Free-DC
    the-mk

I might have almost another day's worth in my queues.

If they hold out, should be another 5000 Gnodes or so...

Chinasaur has been cranking 'em out too - wonder if he has any left?

... WILL WORK FOR OGR-24 STUBS ...
    irc.free-dc.org #lobby

guru said he had some left on his proxy rc5.mynoggin.net but I have been unable to connect to it.......yet.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast