So I'm trying to get my old Dual Xeon rig up and running again. The main hard drive was failing awhile back and I stopped using it. I swapped it out for a new one and was going to do a fresh install of Windows. When I turned on the computer the power supply popped loudly and shot a huge spark out of the back. Oops. That failed. So I traded out power supplies for a known working one. I turned the computer on and it posted, but then threw out an error saying "No keyboard installed or keyboard error". I've tried 4 different keyboards, including a USB one, all with no luck. Did something maybe happen when the power supply failed? Is there anything I should try?

Also, one other note, the power supply I have only has a 4 and 6 pin connector coming out from it to go to the mobo. The PC-DL seems to need an 8 pin. I put the 6 in and it wouldn't turn on. I put the 4 pin in on the right hand side of the 8 pin and it turned on. I'm wondering if this connector has something to do with maybe why the keyboard isn't working?

If the port is bad then oh well I guess. I was just trying to get an old system up and running so my g/f could use it since her motherboard died recently on her old computer.

Thanks!
-Moose