Thread: HTTP Proxy Server - Client Source Code?

HTTP Proxy Server - Client Source Code?

Is the source code for the client program available? If yes, is there anybody in the community that already knows how to add the ability to work through a proxy server and is interested in taking on that task?

Sieve it, baby!
    The source code is not available - in the old FAQ there was an indication that part of it could be presented to interested persons.
    I guess it would be enough when we know the way the client communicates with the server - shouldn't be that difficult to figure out. That way, one could create a working proxy. I thought about it some days ago.
    The question is: Is Louie happy about PRP tests being cached?

I'm sorry, I didn't make my concern clear. I don't want to cache results. I want my home computers to be able to communicate with the SoB servers so that they can run the SoB client and report results immediately upon completion. My home network sits behind a proxy server which doubles as our firewall. My machines cannot cannot communicate with the SoB servers because the client only works with direct internet access. Some of these machines are currently working on the Smallpox project at United Devices' grid.org - their client has a box to select "HTTPS PROXY" and a box to enter the address of the proxy server. When set up, the UD client can communicate directly with the UD servers at grid.org. I'd like to have some of my machines doing this with SoB.

Does your proxy server have a port mapper built in? Most do...if it does, you can map the 1717 port on your proxy server to port 1717 on sb.pns.net and set your clients behind the proxy server to access port 1717 on your proxy server. This is the way mine is set up at home and it works just fine...

Originally posted by MathGuy
    Does your proxy server have a port mapper built in? Most do...if it does, you can map the 1717 port on your proxy server to port 1717 on sb.pns.net and set your clients behind the proxy server to access port 1717 on your proxy server. This is the way mine is set up at home and it works just fine...
    THANKS! The Port Mapper for the Freeware AnalogX Proxy Server (at http://www.AnalogX.com ) is a separate program. I'd never used the Port Mapper, but I just downloaded and installed it, and I'm now crunching k=33661, n=3352776

And thanks agaian, i was stuck in the same mud, Here's to you