Thread: New projects highlighted on the project status page

Lightbulb New projects highlighted on the project status page

It would be handy if new projects on this page ...

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=boinc_status

... were highlighted for a while, maybe a week or so.

Saves me trawling though the list every day

Al.

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Not exactly sure HOW we'd implement this one... need to look at the data and see... if it's there it is doable if not well hmm that will be another issue..
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    nod, I looked at it last night. I'd have to add a datetimestamp to the projects table so we'd know when it was added. Not a bad idea for other audit reasons anyway.

I'll do it on the new box, trying not to maintain the tables in two different places...

OK, how about rather than start messing with db table structures, just automagically post to a thread in a forum that's shown on the main page that a row has been inserted? Including the project name and a link would be great.

I always forget how many projects there were yesterday, so end up scanning the whole list every day. I guess one solution would be for me to write the number on a postit note stuck on my monitor

Al.

p.s. I know nothing about databases. For all I know the whole thing is run by gnomes who collect underpants for profit.

p.p.s. Can you guess that I'm desperate to get the 100 projects crunched milestone?

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChertseyAl View Post
    OK, how about rather than start messing with db table structures, just automagically post to a thread in a forum that's shown on the main page that a row has been inserted? Including the project name and a link would be great.

I always forget how many projects there were yesterday, so end up scanning the whole list every day. I guess one solution would be for me to write the number on a postit note stuck on my monitor

Al.

p.s. I know nothing about databases. For all I know the whole thing is run by gnomes who collect underpants for profit.

p.p.s. Can you guess that I'm desperate to get the 100 projects crunched milestone?
    Well we need to mess with the DB anyways :P the automagic post could happen maybe.

LOL
    and
    p.p.s Really...
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..