Thread: Intel/UD Cancer project to close shop!

Intel/UD Cancer project to close shop!

So when do we pull the plug on our team here?

This could be a boon to the Distributed Folding project.
    Colin Thompson

I don't know. I have uninstalled it from my computers tho.

i pulled back after the gauntlet, now , after seeing that , i stopped my last THINK'er at work
    my last one here at home is stuck at 96%
    as soon as its finished, that boxen is getting it uninstalled

but its going to go to dnet/RC5

phear the cow!

moo!!

Use the right tool for the right job!

It's all his Fault!
    Andrew Thomas has a habit of writing inaccurate and misleading articles. This article is simply his latest whine.

UD and Intel have voiced their continued supprt for the Cancer and other humanitarian projects. UD's PR departments initial comments on the issue:

UD - Public Relations
    UD Employee
    Member # 4578
    posted February 15, 2002 23:54
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All--
    Thanks for the comments and support. You couldn't have summed it up any better than I.

I did respond to an e-mail from Andrew Thomas answering a few questions and encouraging further dialogue to answer any of his questions or clarify any issues he might have. Sadly, I never heard back from him but did see my response to one of his questions posted in an article and taken out of context.

Just to clarify, we have no intentions of abandoning the cancer project (nor does Intel), nor will we abandon the anthrax project. Also, we never intentionally duped anyone into running anthrax over cancer. I'm sorry if it has been perceived as such.

We will continue to notify our Members when we bring new projects on board (or retire current projects). To that end, look for something soon about the Anthrax project.

Again, thanks for all your continued support of our projects. Let me know if you have any questions for me and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

--------------------

Cheers,

Andy Prince
    Director, Corp. Comm.
    United Devices

Take anything written by the Mr. Thomas of the Inquirer with the scepticism it deserves.

Regards,
    relic

I posted this on the first Thread about this but I think its worh re-posting here

I agree with Elaw. This Anthrax was an ADDITION to the Cancer research. That is the beauty of the UD client. When the cancer research is completed, your points can be carried over to another project so you dont lose the time and effort that you have put into it.

I dont really care about the Antrax crunching either, so I turned it off by simply unchecking the box. They automaticly check it for you in hope that you will crunch for this cause too, but you dont have too.

The reporter that wrote that article for The Inquirer is known to have written MANY Iffy articles. Therefore, to me, he is not very credible.

Do what you like but I will just say these last couple of things. Do you know or have known anyone with cancer? Im sure the answer is Yes. With that taken into consideration, Do you know of anyone that has or will die from cancer? Probably. Did UD drop the cancer research? NO. Its still for the same cause.

Stick with the UD project for the research, not for other unimportant details. Is it wrong for them to add your machines to the Anthrax project? Maybe, but at least they give you the option to turn it off. I have had cancer before and It costed me my left eye. I hope and pray that they come up with a cure, dont You?

Kurl
    THINK [H]ard for the [H]orde