Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorcycle Pictures (Or Why I'm Never Around)

this was my favorite ride. from l.a. i would go through the los padres, up to san luis obispo, down to jalama, home on the pch. 400mi.

pic when bike was new.

have no desire to ride on todays metropolitan roads.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9 Glorious Days

I spent going up the left coast, via Hwy 1, from
    Santa Monica, until I hit the Oregon Coast.
    Turned right, went to the sea lion caves, turned back about 5 miles,
    and headed straight south over the mountains until we hit hwy 101,
    and then deadheaded all the way back from the San Francisco Bridge.
    We camped every night, every other day at a KOA and just had a ball!

I spent the whole time cruising on this

Here's my other scooter

Of course, due to health problems, I can no longer ride,
    so both were sold last year.

Keep the rubber on the ground

Cool Why my brain will NOT be donated to science

Moved in with GF this last January.

She wanted to learn to ride. She kept saying she liked my bike (Concours) and the BMW touring style.

We looked at bikes. She likes a used Honda Shadow Sabre we find. I tell her you'll be exposed and get rained on if you go with a Cruiser style. She hates being cold.

Like an idiot I sell her my Connie . I buy the Sabre .. fool that I am

She learns to ride on the Connie...amazingly (course she is 5'11") and quite well I might add. She never does get completely comfortable with it though...it is a big bike for a beginner (I know and I knew better..but she insisted and all...).

She drops it once during lessons, and then were in Umatilla, OR pulling into a gas station and I hear this BAWHAAM! from behind me and she's gone done (other side this time) cracking the fairing with her boot. At least she listened and bought complete gear.

So we're breaking up and she's moving out. Asks if I want to trade back since I never got over selling Connie. I think about it.....

I hesitate too long and she buys a 1994 Shadow 1100...

So now she's moved out and East, and I am buying my Connie back from her (minus the $250 the lower fairing panel will cost) while we're making arrangement to ship her Shadow back East.

After getting back on the Concours I realized how much of my skills have atrophied being on a cruiser. And how GLAD I am that I am back on the Connie with it's superior steering, handling and load carrying capacity.

They say never sell a Ducatti? Never EVER sell a Concours. Thank goodness at least I got it back

Don't know what the point of this story is... stay single or never sell your cherished ride.... hmmm...

Probably BOTH

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

I also had 2 dirt bikes, 3 Harley's, and a honda 90cc, built to 100cc,
    that I used for hill climbing the rediculously impossible,
    when I was about 22 y/o

It's a drag you were forced to sell your bikes IB... I feel your pain
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

I've been MIA here for some time due in large part to my bikes. I've got a couple of big work projects going on that take up most of my time on the computer and all of my spare time has been spent either prepping for the track, at the track, or putting my new R1 back together.

I'll have some pictures to post of it in another week or two when all my carbon fiber bodywork shows up.

In the meantime, here's my small bike on a short straight at VIR recently:

Here's the same bike next to my truck at CMP:

"So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

Dyy,

Why no fairing? I had a ZRX1100 for two years and got beat to death by the wind even with it's little bikini fairing.

Does your racing class not allow fairings?

That's not actually my race bike, but rather my streetfighter that's been doing double duty as a race bike while I work on my real race bike. It's a pretty close match though, both are based on the FZR400 frame using a larger 600 class motor. My race bike does have fairings, however.

The lack of fairings on the bike in the pictures is just a style thing. It usually has headlights & stuff which keep from looking quite so bare as it does on the racetrack. Streetfighters aren't nearly as popular in the US as they are overseas, but the look has always appealed to me. My R1 also has fairings (or will when they show up ), but I figured I needed at least one 'naked' bike.

Here she is in street form:

She's light (less than 380lbs full of gas), relatively powerful (about 95 hp at the rear wheel), and with a short wheelbase and steep steering head angle, a total gas to ride:

"So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

You be careful out there among those English!

Ohmigawd! Biker smilies!!
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Visit With Cygnussphere - 043004 - Idaho

Printman (DF), Cygnussphere and Chinasaur - RacerX came over to meet us but we didn't get his picture. 763 mi weekend and EIGHT passes on the way home. Printman did 1500+ mi over the weekend on his Pacific Coast 800.

Cyg's hospitality knew no bounds and is now legendary....we are indebted to him.

Now THAT'S cool.

A motorcycle video

15.5MB Warning

It's getting colder ... so I made this to help me through the Winter.

Hope you enjoy it.

Bryce and Zion National Parks - Sept 2 to Sept 8, 2005

Just got back two hours ago. All showered and relaxing with a beer and thought I'd share some really bad VGA pics of the trip. Taken with a SidekickII.

Left Friday for Kennewick, WA where I met up with printman9. Saturday down to Nampa, ID where we were hosted yet again by cygnussphere (Thanks Dude!!!), then down to Cedar City, UT on Sunday. Monday saw us at Zion National Park. Sadly, the Grand Canyon was 135 miles away and didn't fit into our plans....maybe next time. Tuesday saw us at Bryce Canyon National Park and a 30 minute helicopter ride over Bryce!!!! Freaking awesome pictures to follow as soon as I get them from printman9. Wednesday and Thursday were travel days back to Washington.

All told we had two 636 mi days (weird) and a total mileage of 2634mi over 8 days. Not bad

Bikes on Day 1

My Kawasaki Concours in Zion National Park

In Zion Park

Zion again...

Bryce Canyon National Park

Natural Bridge at Bryce

printman9 at Bryce

At Bryce

Now back to crunching OGR-25

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12