Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Pictures (Or Why I'm Never Around)

Motorcycle Pictures (Or Why I'm Never Around)

I've been away from the forums quite a bit lately, but I assure you it's not from lack of interest! Rather, it's just a lack of time. I've spent most of free time lately working on my bike (it's riding time again) and a second job.

Hopefully, now that my bike is mostly ready to go, I'll have a little more time to keep up with the stuff going on around here.

Anyway, here's what I've been doing for the last month:

There are more details about it (and links to bigger pictures) on my personal site for anyone who's curious about it.

Nice looking bike you got there Dyyr, nice and classy. I especialy like the training wheels

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    So Come on dude, when ya applying the Overclock or have ya done it already *lmao*
    Hmm I need some new wheels as I think I burnt the last set out burning rubber to pass Ye Olde Iron 'Target Butt' Bits the other week on seti
    Have a or but try and ride that bike after the 4 cos well I wanna good pic of that
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Originally posted by magnav0x
    I especialy like the training wheels
    LOL

What I did today

Along the Columbia River Gorge near John Day Dam

Printman from DF was riding buddy

65 Deg and beautiful. Computers are good but they can't compare to a fast ride
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Nice looking bike you got there Chinasaur, but no training wheels

Trunk I put on before vacation

1102 miles, massive rain, hit a Opossum at night on I-84 .. , 263mi without even hitting reserve on one leg, 45.775mpg avg, rode through blowing snow near Crater Lake, Oregon; ice on windshield at one point...found I can't see at night worth shi#, at night mistook an exit ramp for highway and sailed into a rest stop doing 60mph across two lanes of traffic ... but I farking lived through it

I'm glad to be home and warm and having the boxen crunching again.

Moral of the story? Worst day on the bike is always better than the best day at work

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Originally posted by Chinasaur
    found I can't see at night worth shi#, at night mistook an exit ramp for highway and sailed into a rest stop doing 60mph across two lanes of traffic
    Durnit China, you be careful! But it sure sounds like you had a great ride!!

you people be careful with those things!

There's a reason surgeons call them "Donor-cycles"
    irc.free-dc.org #lobby

Here is a pic of my pride and joy. Has a bit more carbon fiber on it now. But, you get the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is tough. But, it's harder when you're stupid.

Oh yeah Ducati

I can't ride a sportbike because they turn me into a pretzel, but Ducati's are the prettiest bikes around.

And stibnite, they sure can be...

Keep on riding

RacerX

Check out www.motorcycle.com

Huge article on the Ducati Multistrada

Reqires paid subscription to read..but motorcycle.com is a great site and worth it

Mos' pretty bike

The last Ducati I rode:

It was a 900SS, seen here in turn 4 at Roebling Road Raceway in Savannah, GA.

I've got a color version of this somewhere. I'll have to find it, because the bike looks much better in bright yellow.

That's you in the picture?

Yup. I won that race, as I remember. I also remember that I blew the motor on the bike the next race weekend after that one.

RacerX and the cygnussphere engaged in a high speed chase!

during a recient DC convention RacerX finally concedes to let the cygnussphere jump on the Triumph and make VVVVRRRROOOOOOMMMMMM noises

Got this December 11th and have it decked out for some mileage -

Shadow Sabre with Ventura Pack System and Chase Harper Luggage

New V&H Muffler Baffle Wrap

Where are the rest of you bikers going this year? We're definately doing Devils Tower, and hopefully Bryce Canyon. A dollar from each Free-DC member would get me to Banff as well

Ride safe ya'll.

has been eaten by a grue.
    Dang, you all are making me miss riding. This isn't the best place for it, but I still miss tooling around back country roads at around 30 mph. Maybe someday, I'll find a battered BMW R90 or something, and bring it back to life. Or get a Ural. That would probably be more sensible with my bum knee. Nothing like putting your foot down, and having it crumple on you.

I will donate a dollar to you, Chinasaur. However, you have to swing by here an pick it up on your way through.

Deal??

QiBHom,

Bah..get out there anyway. Worst day on the bike is better than the best day at work

RacerX,

We'll be riding over the Blues as soon as we can get dependable weather. How far from Cygnussphere are you? He's 4hrs from me.
    BTW, saw a 996 in same colors as yours today. Friend I was with had never seen a Ducati in person and she agreed...raw sex. Just something about Italian bikes. To make it worse, it was next to an Aprilia RSV

After this winter, this riding season is shaping up to be a great one!
    Last edited by Chinasaur; 02-27-2004 at 10:02 PM.

Hear's my main beast. Back when it was new and unchanged.

It's now got 56K miles on it and get 45mpg. Oh yea and it tops out at 160mph.

Below is my latest mod to it. I just need to finish the front wheel.

guru

Other motorcycle pics. bike gallery
    I'm having fun!!! I'm just not sure if it's net fun or gross fun.

Chinasaur, I am about two hours from Cygnus. At least for another month. My house is going on the market April 1 then I will be right in his neck of the woods. If you ever get down to his place go north out of Boise toward Stanley. WOW!

I agree about the RSV. That is actually what I was looking at when they made me the smokin deal on the Duc.

So many people around whp are also riding motorcycles!
    Guess I have to post some pictures of my bike somtimes....
    Most people outside Europe probably don't even know it: Suzuki DR 800 (also known as DR BIG )
    It is an enduro with the biggest production single cylinder engine ever built... 800ccm, one cylinder and a seat height of 90cm....

and it is mine

Greets Thor

I've been steadily working on my R1. I'm trying to find a decent turbo kit for it that's not going to make me build everything from scratch, which is turning out to be a PITA. In the meantime, I still have my streetfighter to ride.

I'm also trying to decide what I'm going to run on the track this year. I'm looking at an SV650 pretty hard, but I haven't made any decisions yet...
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

Minister of Misinformation magicfan241's Avatar
    Well, I have a pedal bicycle.

My turbo kit is working out for the extra push.

My engine is a 6 foot 2 inch tall skinny nerd.

My spedometer is held on with duct tape.

I've had to replace my tires twice, about every 5,000 miles on the bike

I need to wash my bike, the trails made it really messy.

my bike rocks!

magicfan241

Sounds to me like magicfan241's got the best deal. Great milage, too!
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Electric fence operator
    I ride both a motorcycle ('95 Yamaha Seca II, black), and a small array of road-oriented bicycles. One is a Bianchi track bike (one gear, fixed hub, and no brakes, woohoo!), my second is a Cannondale hybrid commuter (which I really should sell, but it has been such a good bike, I can't bear the thought), and my baby is a Softride R1 Classic -- sky blue and bizarre-looking but very functional, very aero, and wayyyy comfy for long-distance riding. I've got a picture album here, in case any other two-wheeled afficionados are curious. http://groups.msn.com/BicyclingForum...nt.msnw?Page=1 You really should look at the Softride, as it's quite unique in design. It also gets me 15-20 miles per banana, so the mileage is good.
    "If angels have voices, then surely they must sound like Loreena McKennitt" - me 1/2/04, somewhere over Illinois

Member of Free-DC

You can go 15-20 miles on a banana???

Damn. I already have a hypermetabolism, so I need to eat a lot.

I have been known to go for an entire week long backpacking trip on ramen noodles and water.

man did that suck, I went home and ate alot of ice cream, needed sugar

magicfan241

Nice bikes, Anteraan. That Softride R1 really is a beauty!
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Yeah I did like the Softride.

I'm putting a new seat on bike, as a present to myself (I got it on my birthday, but havn't put it on yet)

I give some pictures, once I have cleaned it

When the weather is good (happening more frequently now) I do about 5 miles a day. Keeps in ok shape.

I also walk a mile to school, but that is another story....

magicfan241

25/25Mbit is nearly enough :p pointwood's Avatar
    Anteraan: That bike looks really cool!

I'm more into mountainbikes though I don't actually ride much. I just got a new one though (the old one got stolen ), you can find a picture of it here:
    http://www.ramskov.org/temp/beone.jpg (warning: size is 1600x1200)
    Pointwood
    Jabber ID: pointwood@jabber.shd.dk
    irc.arstechnica.com, #distributed

I ride a Honda ST1100, aka Pan European. Nice big heavy tourer for those who haven't heard of these things. I don't have any pictures of it yet.

Paul

Xilman: those bikes have something of a following here in the US. There are several groups dedicated strictly to the ST1100. Not everyone likes it, but those that do tend to *love* it.
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

Well, I gotta post this. I am really excited and have to tell someone.

This June I will turn 35. For my birthday, my girlfriend announced last night, she is taking me to Florence, Italy to take in the Mugello round of the MotoGP. If that wasn't enough we will then hop over to the Isle of Mann the following Wednesday to watch the TT races for 3 days. Finally, down to the Silverstone round of World Superbikes Championship.

That's great news. You only got me by a month.

Oh yea congrats on the trip too.

guru

Ok, no more late night postings for me. Here are the pictures I tried to post before but borked the links.

My ride when it was new.

and here is my rear wheel after I stripped some of the paint off.

I ride better then I post.

guru

Electric fence operator
    Yes, but you choose your motorcycles well. Ooooooo, VFR -- yummy! The return of the Interceptor name was pretty cool too.
    "If angels have voices, then surely they must sound like Loreena McKennitt" - me 1/2/04, somewhere over Illinois

Member of Free-DC

Originally posted by Dyyryath
    Xilman: those bikes have something of a following here in the US. There are several groups dedicated strictly to the ST1100. Not everyone likes it, but those that do tend to *love* it.
    Same here. I'm a fully paid-up member of the Pan-Clan http://pan-clan.org/

Paul

Wow..nice bike rides guys. You are in better shape than I am

And RacerX..you suck man Congrautulations though..that will be ba fund trip.

Guru...I still can't see your pics bro

I think the ST1100 is the "Official" ride 90% of the Iron Butt winners. I prefer it's look over the ST1300.

My dynamic dns didn't update properly last night. When I get home I'll fix it and the picture should work again.

guru

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast