Thread: Earthquake

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries

Earthquake

Just experienced my first earthquake here in North Carolina which I was not expecting. Hopefully my QCN sensor picked it up and it'll show in the result somewhere !

Blog Entries
    Go to the website and check your WU's :thumbs:

mmm The thumbs smile is not working
    Last edited by gopher_yarrowzoo; 08-24-2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Hmm shows in preview not in main view - Theme glitch found!

So do you know if your sensor caught anything? They said one in Raleigh did.
    I think it might be one of my two. I have asked over in their forum to make sure I am understanding the results.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I think these are the host id's. http://qcn.stanford.edu/sensor/img/Virginia_M5.8.pdf Unfortunately not mine - which to me means the sensor doesn't work that well as the house was definitely shaking !

Crazy Old Man
    Hopefully the prediction from some geological experts not come true that a new strong earthquake will come in end september begin october in the usa.
    And now the scary hurricane irene going towards NY on its destructive path .... brrrr
    I am glad not to live in the usa

My mini country almost has non of these monster events

Well except if one super old mega super vulcano in the german eiffel erupts we would have a problem, but i guess if that one blows it would have a global effect like the mega vulcano in yellowstone park. The scary thing is both these giants are rising slowly so someday these 2 super monsters are gonna blow but hopefully far away in the future.

And on the earthquake front we are scared if its a 3.1 quake, but lol as long as i remember in 50 years had only one which rocked my house for 15 seconds and this only cause i lived at the 16th floor

The only true danger is that some mega flood/tsunami sinks us back into the sea , which also happens once in a few thousand years.
    Last edited by uBronan; 08-26-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: fix typo

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Broson - great, where ya think I'm heading end of September, yup you got it the US, West coast USA to boot. great.. I may get stuck there, dang..
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..