Thread: Why 26.3 instead of 26.6?

Why 26.3 instead of 26.6?

I notice, having not participated in this project for a few years, now that this project appears to be using the Prime95 program to compute its WUs. The current Prime95 version is 26.6. Will SoB be using 26.6 any time soon?

My understanding is that you can use the latest prime95/mprime by simply over writing the appropriate executable file (either mprime or prime95.exe). I've been running 26.6 for a couple of months now and the boost in performance over the last few versions has been significant.

[Edit]

I should have mentioned, that you can get the latest updates here.

Blog Entries
    hi

more to say!

there's prerelease 27.1 version that promise to gain even +20% compare to 26.6

it's not released yet, but will be soon, as some testing are done and show everything is fine.

you know where to find it...

it's important to update client sometimes - fresh news post on main page of project (will be first news this year , speed gain, etc...
    wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona \

OK, so i upgraded from 26.3 to 26.6
    I have a P4 with hyperthreading & with 26.3 & one test running it used 100% of the CPU. Same as when i used the old Sob program.
    Now with 26.6 it's only using 50%. How do i get it to use 100%? Or should i run 2 tests(50% each)?
    If getting this to run 100% on 1 test speeds up the processing a bit that would be fine by me.

Make sure you have it set up to use 2 threads.

If running Windows, go to Test>Worker Windows and make sure "number of worker windows to run" at top is 1 and "CPUs to use (multithreading)" at bottom is 2.

If you want to run 2 workers with 1 thread each, that should also get you to 100% utilization. But with a P4 I would recommend just a single test at a time, so tests complete in a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by enderak View Post
    Make sure you have it set up to use 2 threads.

If running Windows, go to Test>Worker Windows and make sure "number of worker windows to run" at top is 1 and "CPUs to use (multithreading)" at bottom is 2.

If you want to run 2 workers with 1 thread each, that should also get you to 100% utilization. But with a P4 I would recommend just a single test at a time, so tests complete in a reasonable amount of time.
    Thanks for the help. One test running at 100% now