Thread: going, going ..... gone ?

Unhappy going, going ..... gone ?

Since I got my new PC I have been running 17orbust 24/7. You wouldn't think so looking at my stats; sometimes the rate drops to 0.

I sometimes actually use my PC but 17 or bust runs in the background then. The reason my rate drops so much is usually;

>> the client freezes with the block at 100 % (no apparent reason )

>> "invalid username - cannot connect" (sometimes that corrects itself )

>> "cannot connect, retry in 1200 seconds" for HOURS

I saw a post that somebody quit the project because it needed babysitting" too much. I tend to agree by now, but want to ask if there isn't some way to make the program check itself .... ?

I love 67607
    I remmend you use service install. I guess this will solve most of your problems.

I got the service version.

When I reboot my PC it starts the "old" version though. Not a biggie but it means that I have two tests pending ....

Being a drongo I forget to stop the old version and start the new one after rebooting and so today I lost 6 hours as the old one hung at 100 % block AGAIN

Anyway, to the point; is it possible to have both programs do the SAME test ? I do not like to have two pending you see!

You need to make sure that the config is NOT set to Auto-start on Windows Boot. Then, only the service version will start. As far as the two pending tests go, you'll just have to let one of them expire. Alternately, you might e-mail Louie and ask him to manually expire the one you're not really working on. When I was developing the service handler, I needed him to do this a lot!