Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta 8 - release candidiate

Im using the Beta 8 for three days, more than 77.000 strutures calculated so far and everything is working very fast and stable.

My system:
    Pentium 4 @ 2GHz w/ 512KB L2
    512MB RDRAM PC800 -45
    HD Ultra ATA100 7200RPM
    nVidia GeForce4 Ti 4600
    Windows XP Service Pack 1 with all updates & latest drivers
    F@H screensaver with "125MB Extra RAM option" enabled

Thank you so much!

Mahavishnu
    From Brazil

Please note we have had some discussions and decided to proceed with one more change to the algorithm so I'll be releasing this 'beta' tomorrow hopefully. At the same time we can see if Ive managed to fix all the problems relating to overwriting the old version with the new one. As a bonus, I've also added a benchmark option as requested by pointwood. More on this tomorrow...
    Howard Feldman

Oooh, nifty!

*anxiously waits*

Side note: No, I haven't had any reboot issues (other than the recent self-inflicted one; gotta add hardware eventually ) on Linux.

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
    The BDRemove errors in your error.log indicate with 99.9999% certainty that your machine has faulty RAM. Please run www.memtest86.com or a similar program to verify this.
    Sorry for the late response... Yes indeed it was a memory error... My memory was over volted and very unstable...

Thanks,
    Slo...

Ol' retired IT geezer

Question Will Beta 9 Perform AutoUpdate?

"Please note we have had some discussions and decided to proceed with one more change to the algorithm so I'll be releasing this 'beta' tomorrow hopefully. At the same time we can see if Ive managed to fix all the problems relating to overwriting the old version with the new one. As a bonus, I've also added a benchmark option as requested by pointwood. More on this tomorrow..."
    ----------------------------------------
    Will automatic update work to upgrade to this new version of the beta? I remember that this function was not working earlier...

Ned

No auto-updates are not available for betas and will not be. Sorry. Of course you don't have to beta test every beta either, the choice is up to you! If you have more than one machine, consider running the beta on one and the 'normal' client on the rest perhaps. Anyways, we are almost done with the testing phase here..
    Howard Feldman

sounds good

25/25Mbit is nearly enough :p pointwood's Avatar
    Originally posted by Brian the Fist
    As a bonus, I've also added a benchmark option as requested by pointwood. More on this tomorrow...

Thanks a lot Howard!
    Pointwood
    Jabber ID: pointwood@jabber.shd.dk
    irc.arstechnica.com, #distributed

We're getting a little closer to the 4.51A best score for a Beta..

Hopefully the next beta will push us further down the slope..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12